naimist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
Anyone hear back from GWU after being placed on pre-interview hold? I got the letter back in December and haven't heard a thing since. I thought we were supposed to be reviewed again earlier this month. :confused:

ads99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2004
Boston, MA
Status
naimist said:
Anyone hear back from GWU after being placed on pre-interview hold? I got the letter back in December and haven't heard a thing since. I thought we were supposed to be reviewed again earlier this month. :confused:
Yes, my husband and I are in the same boat. We received that December letter and have heard nothing since then.

wonderfun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2005
Status
naimist said:
hi,
I was put on the same hold list. I sent a couple of update letters, in Dec and Jan and got offered an interview in Jan. So i would recommend showing interest if you haven't already. I have heard of a few other people getting offered interviews and rejections who were sent hold letters. Try searching for that thread, I think it had a similar title. Good luck!

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
i was in town for a georgetown interview and another guy and I decided to swing by the admissions office to see what was up.

we were both complete in nov. and had heard nothing since.

The woman asked for our amcas numbers and told both of us that we had been placed in the hold category and should have received the letters back in dec. However, neither of us had.

She said we were currently under review and would probably hear in the next couple of weeks.

So it seems possible that only difference between people who got the hold letter and those that didn't is a certain postal incompetency from the GWU admissions staff.

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Well, at least you guys have heard something. I stlll haven't heard anything after being complete in October.

ramblinwreckie

10+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2005
Status
RaaMD said:
Well, at least you guys have heard something. I stlll haven't heard anything after being complete in October.
same here. not a peep since being complete a long time ago. not that I care anymore.