gwu secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BubbleWand1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on the gwu secondary - where they ask you to list course information, im assuming most of us have taken more than 3 bio classes...which course is everyone putting? the ones did they best in? or just gen bio?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I put the courses that I did the best in that satisfied their requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having trouble with the link for the GW secondary. Anyone else having this problem? I cut and paste it into my browser like they said, but all that comes up is an empty pdf file, with absolutely nothing in it. no website or anything... maybe its because I have a Mac? anyone able to access it from a mac?

bkmonkey said:
I put the courses that I did the best in that satisfied their requirements.
Good I'm glad...when I first saw it, those were my intentions, but I thought I might be cheating or something. But now I'm doing it!

neuropower said:
I'm having trouble with the link for the GW secondary. Anyone else having this problem? I cut and paste it into my browser like they said, but all that comes up is an empty pdf file, with absolutely nothing in it. no website or anything... maybe its because I have a Mac? anyone able to access it from a mac?
I accessed it fine with a Mac OS X. It did bring me to a blank screen, but the PDF opened itself in another window, then onto my desktop.

neuropower said:

dude me too, I can't open it up...I don't have a mac...don't know what it could be.

did you guys actually receive an invitation to complete their secondary(GW)?

I'm having problems with the pdf file from a PC cuz it says there's an error causing the first page to be blank, but I can view the others. Dunno, maybe it's my reader that has a glitch. Also, to pateltr1, yeah, I received an invitation via email, but I'm pretty sure GWU doesn't screen for secondaries, so yours should be coming soon.
TD

Okay my gw secondary is working now...I went to a different computer...I think it has something to do with the Adobe acrobat reader being corrupt/outdated.

pateltr1 said:

They emailed me today, so i guess its by invitation, but i heard everyone gets a 2ndary.

BubbleWand1 said:
on the gwu secondary - where they ask you to list course information, im assuming most of us have taken more than 3 bio classes...which course is everyone putting? the ones did they best in? or just gen bio?

thanks!

Look deep down into your soul, and think... what do you think they really want there? Let's see now, they have Physics, English, Organic Chemistry......... some others... HMMMM ... Yeah, if I were you I'd put some OTHER Biology class - not regular Biology... I think that's what they are looking for... Hmmmm... Gosh... I really have to think this one through... Because I can't imagine what they're really asking for here... HMMM... And when they say PHYSICS... do you think they would accept any of my PHYSICAL EDUCATION classes?? I took SOFTBALL... I did well in it. Maybe I should put SOFTBALL there for PHYSICS... Gosh, thank GOD FOR SDN.. I'd never be able to answer questions like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I am going to be a first year at GW this year (I just went through the application process!). If you guys have any questions about the school, interviews, why I chose it, etc. feel free to PM me! Good luck to all of you!! :luck:

I just received a secondary application from GWU. Do they automatically send it out to everyone who lists them on their AMCAS or are they selective in who they send them out to?

Angry Guy said:
Look deep down into your soul, and think... what do you think they really want there? Let's see now, they have Physics, English, Organic Chemistry......... some others... HMMMM ... Yeah, if I were you I'd put some OTHER Biology class - not regular Biology... I think that's what they are looking for... Hmmmm... Gosh... I really have to think this one through... Because I can't imagine what they're really asking for here... HMMM... And when they say PHYSICS... do you think they would accept any of my PHYSICAL EDUCATION classes?? I took SOFTBALL... I did well in it. Maybe I should put SOFTBALL there for PHYSICS... Gosh, thank GOD FOR SDN.. I'd never be able to answer questions like this.

Well, let's see here...my undergrad school had two credit bio "modules" for everything from zoology to physiological systems to micro to molecular. That, plus my upper level classes as a Neuroscience major...so no, of the six credits they ask me to list, I'm not exactly sure how obvious the answer is...do you have "regular" biology at your school? Is is after recess? Are you under the impression that our debate about biology classes is really analogous to you comparing physics and softball? Do you think CAPS LOCK drives your point home more effectively?

Take it easy man, I think we had a legitimate discussion going.

goldenstats said:
I just received a secondary application from GWU. Do they automatically send it out to everyone who lists them on their AMCAS or are they selective in who they send them out to?

I think that everyone gets one; I seem to remember reading somewhere (I think their instructions), that there is no screening involved.

Is there anyone here from UCLA that is doing this secondary and took the Chemistry 14 series and Physics 6 series? How would it end up meeting the unit requirements?

pateltr1 said:

Yes. I got mine today the 12th via snail mail. I'm in Ca

speaking of the gw secondary, i got my invitation via email today. my AMCAS still isn't verified yet (waiting on a transcript--darn bureaucratic red tape... :mad: ). would it be a really bad idea to submit my secondary before the AMCAS has been verified? i've started working on it, but i wasn't sure if i should submit it when i finish, but i'm praying it won't take that long for my grades to get verified.....

Submit everything as soon as you can! As soon as you get it done, send it in. AMCAS is stupid! The schools know that there are delays with AMCAS, but if you send it in promptly regardless, they know you are really interested. Just my 2 cents :D

FenixFyre said:
speaking of the gw secondary, i got my invitation via email today. my AMCAS still isn't verified yet (waiting on a transcript--darn bureaucratic red tape... :mad: ). would it be a really bad idea to submit my secondary before the AMCAS has been verified? i've started working on it, but i wasn't sure if i should submit it when i finish, but i'm praying it won't take that long for my grades to get verified.....

Go ahead and do it...I got my UConn secondary before my AMCAS was verified, and then it got verified the next day. So I would think your AMCAS will be verified very soon!

ornis4 said:
Go ahead and do it...I got my UConn secondary before my AMCAS was verified, and then it got verified the next day. So I would think your AMCAS will be verified very soon!

well the problem with that is that i'm SURE it won't be verified soon cause i haven't sent in the transcript yet for that school (i took an EMT class at a community college back home over the summer). but if they sent me a secondary, does that mean they have me on file? i guess i'm just afraid that i go ahead and submit my application they'll lose it without my AMCAS app or something...

:(

mdsh00 said:
Is there anyone here from UCLA that is doing this secondary and took the Chemistry 14 series and Physics 6 series? How would it end up meeting the unit requirements?

yea - i dont know wat to do... cuz you only end up with 1.7 hours of lab (need 2) and 5.4 hours of gen chem and 5.4 hours of o chem (need 6 each) .... but thats all the gen chem/o chem/lab u need at ucla.....
But for physics u can re-list the same classes for lab (since they're combined lecture/lab)