GWU V. Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALEXOX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured this would be the best place to post this. Please let me know if this is not the case. I have been admitted into George Washington University's Global Health Program as well as Columbia's Accelerated MPH. From what I have been told the GWU program has a very well connected faculty and (since my interest is in Global Health Policy) Washington, DC would be an ideal location to study. That being said, I have also been told that the Columbia name would make me more marketable when the time comes to apply for work. Does anyone have any insight into this? I have managed to defer both schools until Fall 2013 giving me a bit more time to decide. I have thus far visited GWU (Really enjoyed DC) and plan on taking a trip to NYC to see Columbia in the near future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I would think GWU is well known enough to not have that name vs Columbia matter at that point.