GWU vs. NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahoo123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that threads like these have been done to death, but I wanted to hear your opinion anyways. Which school would you take and why? I am a instate resident for NJMS.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
isn't gwu mad expensive? i'd go with the money. njms.

I know that the rankings of these two schools is pretty similar, do you think that GWUs name is a bit better? Could that be a factor when applying to residencies. For me, the biggest advantage of GWU over NJMS is location but cost pretty much cancels that out and then some.

I know that the rankings of these two schools is pretty similar, do you think that GWUs name is a bit better? Could that be a factor when applying to residencies. For me, the biggest advantage of GWU over NJMS is location but cost pretty much cancels that out and then some.

if u r from nj, definitely NJMS. Its not just the tuition at GW is expensive, living in DC would be freaking expensive..especially the rent

sub in g'town for GW and thats basically the decision i had to make too. i picked the move to DC, because let's face it, newark isnt exactly a thrilling little patch of geography - and when i put my books down next year i want to go out and have an exciting and stimulating place around me. if you look up the statistics on average debt, washington dc schools are more, but theyre not that much more - when you're already going into 6 figure debt, what's another 15k in loans in the grand scheme of things?

sub in g'town for GW and thats basically the decision i had to make too. i picked the move to DC, because let's face it, newark isnt exactly a thrilling little patch of geography - and when i put my books down next year i want to go out and have an exciting and stimulating place around me. if you look up the statistics on average debt, washington dc schools are more, but theyre not that much more - when you're already going into 6 figure debt, what's another 15k in loans in the grand scheme of things?

the difference is more like 70,000 for average in debtness between the schools (especially gtown which is really expensive). i'd pick GWU over newark. DC is too fun to pass up.

the difference is more like 70,000 for average in debtness between the schools (especially gtown which is really expensive). i'd pick GWU over newark. DC is too fun to pass up.

yeah but if u r a NJ resident and have an acceptance from NJ schools, then its much better to go to ur state school. Those NJ schools are just as good as any other, but would be much cheaper. If U ask any resident or doctor to choose between two, I'm sure you would hear NJMS.

i agree...i think NJMS WOULD CLEARLY be the smarter choice..yeah DC is fun..but newark is close to NYC which is a 1,000,000 times better neways..besides..saving money makes a huge difference in the long run i feel like..