Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I just posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating in my case

With all the other adcoms having pictures of their felines, I was fighting the defacto requirement to do so. But apparently resistance is futile. Actually, I felt the strong need to share Braveheart's picture, my wild cat of 14 years, as onlate Friday afternoon a very large abdominal mass was found. While an ultrasound and cytology is not done yet, the chances that it is something other than a large malignant tumor are slim. Hence I thought I would share his countenance with the forum.

Aug 20, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I'm so sorry to hear about Braveheart, I hope he pulls through. Glad you shared his picture with us all, he has an adorable countenance.

With all the other adcoms having pictures of their felines, I was fighting the defacto requirement to do so. But apparently resistance is futile. Actually, I felt the strong need to share Braveheart's picture, my wild cat of 14 years, as onlate Friday afternoon a very large abdominal mass was found. While an ultrasound and cytology is not done yet, the chances that it is something other than a large malignant tumor are slim. Hence I thought I would share his countenance with the forum.

OP
Lost In Transcription

Lost In Transcription

reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Probably still at work

I am so sorry. I love my cats, and my 15 year old one is also starting to have issues.

:(:love:

Reactions: Crayola227 and Goro

Doctor-S

Grand Rounds
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2016

Very sorry to hear that your cat Braveheart might be ailing. I am sending my best wishes and kindest thoughts to Braveheart, and to you. Thank you for sharing his photo with us - Braveheart is a gorgeous cat!

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Very sorry to hear that your cat Braveheart might be ailing. I am sending my best wishes and kindest thoughts to Braveheart, and to you. Thank you for sharing his photo with us - Braveheart is a gorgeous cat!
BTW, I named him Braveheart because when young, he was chickensh!t

Mar 20, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I guess they did miss the memo! And I always thought gyngyn's pic was puffed smoke, until I actually clicked on it and saw that it was some type of vegetable or something! I always have to remind myself it's not smoke now lol.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
I've had 4 avitars over the years and the point was, at first, that I wanted to look older so that pre-meds would realize I wasn't a 20 year old pre-med myself. Now I think that James Bond's M is the purrr-fect avatar for me.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Much better than the white Persian that always sat in Blofeld's lap!

I've had 4 avitars over the years and the point was, at first, that I wanted to look older so that pre-meds would realize I wasn't a 20 year old pre-med myself. Now I think that James Bond's M is the purrr-fect avatar for me.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Reactions: Crayola227

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
You'll always be the Cat's Meow to me @LizzyM

Reactions: Goro

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-3
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
So I don't get. Do all physicians and faculty members on SDN automatically have cats? Are any of you dog people? I for one can't stand cats and their retractable nails/knives.

OP
Lost In Transcription

Lost In Transcription

reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Probably still at work
So I don't get. Do all physicians and faculty members on SDN automatically have cats? Are any of you dog people? I for one can't stand cats and their retractable nails/knives.
You can like cats and dogs, you know.

I somehow feel cats are more appropriate anyway

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Last edited by a moderator:

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
We have a dog. He is the stupidest dog in the entire world. The cats keep him in line.

I know, it's just that everyone here seems partial to cats.o_O

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
We are all so busy working late pouring throw thousands of applications that we may not be able to get home in time to walk the dog.
Oh wait, Im retired. The cat and I have the same nap schedule

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-3
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
We are all so busy working late pouring throw thousands of applications that we may not be able to get home in time to walk the dog.
Oh wait, Im retired. The cat and I have the same nap schedule
That makes more sense. Cats like to nap alot.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
That makes more sense. Cats like to nap alot.
Actually I never really liked cats. I grew up with dogs, labs mostly. Just had some wild cats in my neighborhood and this one showed up on a cold rainy march day crying so I gave him a can sardines. Next thing I knew I was buying 50 pound bags of cat food. He eventually took over my Florida room (enclosed porch) which my wife calls his condo. Even had the contractor put in both a cat door and .... wait for it... a staircase for him to use. My wife claims she never liked the cat, but she keeps buying cat beds, houses, etc.

IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

Last edited:

eteshoe

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2016
Tethys, Saturn
Status
MD/PhD Student

IgEdoc

5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2013
California
Status
Attending Physician
I am, of course, a proponent of an hypoallergenic home environment, unless if you're born into one with cats, at least that is what the latest studies seem to propose

Ismet

PGY-almost done!
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I equated you with Coach Sue for the longest time. :D

I like cats but I'm very allergic. I like cuddling with my friends' cats after I pop a claritin. Love dogs though! Get to see mine in a week :)

Doctor-S

Grand Rounds
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2016
Actually I never really liked cats. I grew up with dogs, labs mostly. Just had some wild cats in my neighborhood and this one showed up on a cold rainy march day crying so I gave him a can sardines. Next thing I knew I was buying 50 pound bags of cat food. He eventually took over my Florida room (enclosed porch) which my wife calls his condo. Even had the contractor put in both a cat door and .... wait for it... a staircase for him to use. My wife claims she never liked the cat, but she keeps buying cat beds, houses, etc.
I think your cat should have the entire condo, and not merely an enclosed porch. After all, cats rule!

gonnif

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I think your cat should have the entire condo, and not merely an enclosed porch. After all, cats rule!
dogs have masters, cats have servants

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I love Lizzy M's profile picture! No need to change. Huge fan of Damn Judi here :)