Gyngyn and LizzyM clearly need to change their profile pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost In Transcription

reports of my assimilation are greatly exaggerated
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
@Goro, @gonnif, and @Catalystik all have cats as their profile pictures.

Looks like @gyngyn and @LizzyM missed the faculty memo...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm so sorry to hear about Braveheart, I hope he pulls through. Glad you shared his picture with us all, he has an adorable countenance.

I just posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating in my case

With all the other adcoms having pictures of their felines, I was fighting the defacto requirement to do so. But apparently resistance is futile. Actually, I felt the strong need to share Braveheart's picture, my wild cat of 14 years, as onlate Friday afternoon a very large abdominal mass was found. While an ultrasound and cytology is not done yet, the chances that it is something other than a large malignant tumor are slim. Hence I thought I would share his countenance with the forum.

Reactions: 6 users
It's the takeover of toxo like yerks in animorphs

Members don't see this ad :)

With all the other adcoms having pictures of their felines, I was fighting the defacto requirement to do so. But apparently resistance is futile. Actually, I felt the strong need to share Braveheart's picture, my wild cat of 14 years, as onlate Friday afternoon a very large abdominal mass was found. While an ultrasound and cytology is not done yet, the chances that it is something other than a large malignant tumor are slim. Hence I thought I would share his countenance with the forum.
I am so sorry. I love my cats, and my 15 year old one is also starting to have issues.

:(:love:

Very sorry to hear that your cat Braveheart might be ailing. I am sending my best wishes and kindest thoughts to Braveheart, and to you. Thank you for sharing his photo with us - Braveheart is a gorgeous cat!

I guess they did miss the memo! And I always thought gyngyn's pic was puffed smoke, until I actually clicked on it and saw that it was some type of vegetable or something! I always have to remind myself it's not smoke now lol.

I've had 4 avitars over the years and the point was, at first, that I wanted to look older so that pre-meds would realize I wasn't a 20 year old pre-med myself. Now I think that James Bond's M is the purrr-fect avatar for me.

Reactions: 19 users
Much better than the white Persian that always sat in Blofeld's lap!

I've had 4 avitars over the years and the point was, at first, that I wanted to look older so that pre-meds would realize I wasn't a 20 year old pre-med myself. Now I think that James Bond's M is the purrr-fect avatar for me.

That is an UGLY cat!!!!

What about pre-hairless? Not a bad cat then, as far as cats go...

austinpowersint02.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
It's the takeover of toxo like yerks in animorphs

Dude, it's "yeerks'.

Verified Physician?
Guess they don't teach you the important stuff in med school...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, it's "yeerks'.

Verified Physician?
Guess they don't teach you the important stuff in med school...

that's a low yield not on step 1 factoid bro
i'm a big picture kinda guy

This avatar pic is still up for grabs!

vnfbIMw.png

Reactions: 2 users
I having blue coliflor withdrawal...
A quality cat picture.
LizzyM: Last faculty member standing. But for how long?

Find out on the next exciting episode of Dragonball Z!!

So I don't get. Do all physicians and faculty members on SDN automatically have cats? Are any of you dog people? I for one can't stand cats and their retractable nails/knives.

^Haters back off. Cats are amazing :cat:
I love the cat pictures.

Reactions: 7 users
So I don't get. Do all physicians and faculty members on SDN automatically have cats? Are any of you dog people? I for one can't stand cats and their retractable nails/knives.
You can like cats and dogs, you know.

I somehow feel cats are more appropriate anyway

So I don't get. Do all physicians and faculty members on SDN automatically have cats? Are any of you dog people?
I love all animals ... and grew up with 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a horse - although I'm partial to felines. Does that make you feel better?

Reactions: 5 users
Last edited by a moderator:
We are all so busy working late pouring throw thousands of applications that we may not be able to get home in time to walk the dog.
Oh wait, Im retired. The cat and I have the same nap schedule

That makes more sense. Cats like to nap alot.

I am, of course, a proponent of an hypoallergenic home environment, unless if you're born into one with cats, at least that is what the latest studies seem to propose

I equated you with Coach Sue for the longest time. :D

I like cats but I'm very allergic. I like cuddling with my friends' cats after I pop a claritin. Love dogs though! Get to see mine in a week :)

Actually I never really liked cats. I grew up with dogs, labs mostly. Just had some wild cats in my neighborhood and this one showed up on a cold rainy march day crying so I gave him a can sardines. Next thing I knew I was buying 50 pound bags of cat food. He eventually took over my Florida room (enclosed porch) which my wife calls his condo. Even had the contractor put in both a cat door and .... wait for it... a staircase for him to use. My wife claims she never liked the cat, but she keeps buying cat beds, houses, etc.
I think your cat should have the entire condo, and not merely an enclosed porch. After all, cats rule!

I love Lizzy M's profile picture! No need to change. Huge fan of Damn Judi here :)

I am maintaining the turtle's right to privacy.
Way to respect PTI.

Edit: "That's Protected Turtle Information. Make sure that goes in the shred bin."

Reactions: 3 users
Just like my house...the cats have a playroom...or a girl cave (3/4 of them are females. The male is best buds with the dog.)

Is Braveheart a good lap kitty?

Actually I never really liked cats. I grew up with dogs, labs mostly. Just had some wild cats in my neighborhood and this one showed up on a cold rainy march day crying so I gave him a can sardines. Next thing I knew I was buying 50 pound bags of cat food. He eventually took over my Florida room (enclosed porch) which my wife calls his condo. Even had the contractor put in both a cat door and .... wait for it... a staircase for him to use. My wife claims she never liked the cat, but she keeps buying cat beds, houses, etc.

View attachment 208585 View attachment 208586

I am tearing up just reading this.
:(

For me he is, or rather demanding lap kitty. He would come into the house, get on the Ottoman, and wait for me to put my legs up so he crawl on to them to sleep.

For a primarily wild cat, he is extremely well-behaved. He knows where he is allowed to go into the house, will stay in his spots for sleeping, especially in the winter. He usually would only go upstairs early in the morning to my bedside (never jumps in) and meows so I can let him out. Only thing he ever really scratched up was weather stripping on back door (scratching to get in). Did get in several fights that required extensive medical care but thankfully had pet insurance.

And I will have to take him to oncologist as ultrasound showed large tumor on right kidney, tumors on liver, and shrunken left kidney indicating probable end-stage renal disease. So I am providing hospice care again this year.