H&P book BRS style?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MagicalTrevor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any book out there that has all the **** you gotta learn for History and Physical Examinations but with all the crap cut out? Every book out there out there is either mostly the basics and skimpy on the more advanced stuff or a big ass monster with everything in it but with entire pages spent unnecessarily on **** like chest expansion. I'm not ******ed - I don't need 5 paragraphs explaining how to put my hands and where to put them.

TLDR: Is there any BRS style book out there for H&Ps?

Members don't see this ad.

First off, there is an absolute ton of crap out there. Bates was a total waste of money and I highly regret buying that, both the little bates and big bates.

Last year I received many books from a graduating upperclassman and surprisingly I found the First Aid CS book to be very useful in a run-down of the basics, especially since my school seems to have the exact same procedure for our clinical interviews. Although I doubt I would actually buy it, I feel like it's useful to be familiar with the test in advance as well.

And while I don't think you're interested in this, if other people reading this want a deeper understanding of the subject The Art and Science of Bedside Diagnosis by Sapira is a priceless work of art.

But generally I think you could probably get everything you need online. A lot of this is site specific too so you might want to check with your attendings on what they do, and how they do it.

There's many websites but this is the one I have bookmarked:
http://meded.ucsd.edu/clinicalmed/introduction.htm

thanks I appreciate the reply