1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

H.S. College Grades in AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by OddyXoX09, Aug 7, 2006.

1. OddyXoX09

OddyXoX09 New Member
    10+ Year Member

So I took a bunch of community college classes while in H.S. However, the first one I ever took was Pre-Calc during my sophomore year. It was summer and I was lazy so I let myself get a big, fat C. It was fine to me because my overall GPA as still high and I got into a great undergraduate. Unfortunately, I recently found out that we are expected to list EVERY college class we've ever taken.

My undergraduate GPA is decent but adding that big fat C will destroy my science GPA! Does anyone know how much weight Adcoms give to college courses taken in HS?

Also, I passed the AP Calc BC test so I don't actually have to take calc ever again. I loved the fact that I didn't ever have to take calc again, but do guys think it'd be wiser for me to take those classes in college to prove my math potential? Or should I just work on bringing up the science GPA in general?

That is the only C I've ever gotten in a college course and it's been haunting me for the last 3 years!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!
    2+ Year Member

well, the good news is that they break down your science gpa by educational time period. "high school" is one time period. so the c would stand by itself as being early in you career.