1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

H.S. College Grades in AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by OddyXoX09, Aug 7, 2006.

1. OddyXoX09

OddyXoX09 New Member
    10+ Year Member

So I took a bunch of community college classes while in H.S. However, the first one I ever took was Pre-Calc during my sophomore year. It was summer and I was lazy so I let myself get a big, fat C. It was fine to me because my overall GPA as still high and I got into a great undergraduate. Unfortunately, I recently found out that we are expected to list EVERY college class we've ever taken.

My undergraduate GPA is decent but adding that big fat C will destroy my science GPA! Does anyone know how much weight Adcoms give to college courses taken in HS?

Also, I passed the AP Calc BC test so I don't actually have to take calc ever again. I loved the fact that I didn't ever have to take calc again, but do guys think it'd be wiser for me to take those classes in college to prove my math potential? Or should I just work on bringing up the science GPA in general?

That is the only C I've ever gotten in a college course and it's been haunting me for the last 3 years!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!
    2+ Year Member

well, the good news is that they break down your science gpa by educational time period. "high school" is one time period. so the c would stand by itself as being early in you career.