H1B visa for Dental Hygienist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mahendral

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone please help with the request below :-

I am a BDS from India. If I do a 2 year dental hygienist program in California, I can be eligible to become licensed dental hygienist. My question is how many on this board are hygienists and are working on H1 visa or know other hygienists working on H1 ? Anyone know of any Dental Hygeinist H1 sponsors in the Bay Area?

Would appreciate all responses.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Even i am searching for the same question, all i found is H1b is only for higher professionals or minimum bachelors degree holders in U.S. , Some time minimum wage is also low but on the other hand i found people(masters degree) are getting h1b with pay of 40k a year.In california, hygienists do earn minimum 90k. Dental hygienist can earn much higher than any other profession so salary would not have been an issue, but the degree. Most of the dental clinics require hygienists with an associate degree.

In short, its very unlikely you'll get H1B for dental hygienist. H1B is for high skilled jobs and it will be tough to prove that dental hygienist is a high skilled job because it requires an associate degree only.
I doubt you'll find many (or infact any) dental hygienist on H1B. First, its hard to get an employer who will be willing to sponsor H1B and second, there are high chances it will not get approved.

Members don't see this ad :)
its all about visa related so better we can ask any lawyer too. yes, H1B might be difficult in DH. Job is good & highly paid too but visa stuff is a big question.

Even i am searching for the same question, all i found is H1b is only for higher professionals or minimum bachelors degree holders in U.S. , Some time minimum wage is also low but on the other hand i found people(masters degree) are getting h1b with pay of 40k a year.In california, hygienists do earn minimum 90k. Dental hygienist can earn much higher than any other profession so salary would not have been an issue, but the degree. Most of the dental clinics require hygienists with an associate degree.

Can you please tell what did you end up doing?