H4 visa question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatimah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Last month I gave Part I and my composite score is 79% and my GPA is 3.49. In a week or two I'm planning to give TOEFL. My husband is on H1B visa and I'm having H4 visa. It would be great if someone can give me some insight for the following queries.
i) Am I eligible to apply to any of the University with this score? or do I need to retake the exam for better scores?
ii) I do not have any experience in USA but I have around a year experience of my country (India), will this affect in anyway to my in getting admission here in USA?
iii)If at all I'm getting admission in any of the USA Universities (with current score or after retaking Part I) will I be getting financial assistance or Loans here? or my H4 status will have any effect on this?
iv)Where can I get more information on continuning education with H4 visa, any links would be of great help.
v)Please provide me the list of all dental schools where I can apply with the current score or for any score for that matter.

PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER THE ALL OR FEW QUERIES LISTED ABOVE.

Thanks in advance.
FH.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Last month I gave Part I and my composite score is 79% and my GPA is 3.49. In a week or two I'm planning to give TOEFL. My husband is on H1B visa and I'm having H4 visa. It would be great if someone can give me some insight for the following queries.
i) Am I eligible to apply to any of the University with this score? or do I need to retake the exam for better scores?
ii) I do not have any experience in USA but I have around a year experience of my country (India), will this affect in anyway to my in getting admission here in USA?
iii)If at all I'm getting admission in any of the USA Universities (with current score or after retaking Part I) will I be getting financial assistance or Loans here? or my H4 status will have any effect on this?
iv)Where can I get more information on continuning education with H4 visa, any links would be of great help.
v)Please provide me the list of all dental schools where I can apply with the current score or for any score for that matter.

PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER THE ALL OR FEW QUERIES LISTED ABOVE.

Thanks in advance.
FH.
i think u should retake part 1 .and about ur h4 i think u can study on h4 visa and about the loan, u will be able to get private loans if u could find a cosigner for u .hope this helps

thanks for ur reply doc76.if u can jsut tell me which all books r u reffering for part 1study other than kaplan review notes,dental decks and usmle first aid,bcoz with above all books i was not able to perform well in exam ,it will be helpfull if u can tell me wat is ur way of studying and wat all books ur referring .

thanks
fatimah

thanks for ur reply doc76.if u can jsut tell me which all books r u reffering for part 1study other than kaplan review notes,dental decks and usmle first aid,bcoz with above all books i was not able to perform well in exam ,it will be helpfull if u can tell me wat is ur way of studying and wat all books ur referring .

thanks
fatimah
Why do you think you need more material.? How difficult was the exam.? Did you commit simple mistakes or was the test too tough.? Did you work on the old question papers.? I have seen people perform pretty well with the above material. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied from the decks, past exams, and did the kaplan book only once. Ended up with a score of 87 in the new format. Its not a fantastic score but I guess it will have to do for now. (Dont have the energy to repeat it again). Generally, I think if you concentrate on decks and exams, you should be ok.

hey can anyone pls tell me if the detailed matter on the dental decks is also to be memorised or is it just the answer because sometimes i find something in the answers which does not really match with what is given in the kaplan review.

hi
i was not able to answer most of th questions from microbiology and physiology.one th day of exam i got very very nervous and when i got first 40 questions which look to be very difficult i totally messed up my exam.for me exam was not very tough but found little difficult to recollect even small thngs.it would be of great help if some one can just guide me study,i am retaking my exam in last week of june .i have old exams only 3 or 4 sets.

thanks
FH

For your H4 visa questions, why don't you search for threads in sdn under H4 visa. I remember reading a lot of them regarding loans and schoolings. Good luck!

oh, just enter 'H4 visa' in the 'Google Custom Search' slot on top of the page and you will get pages of threads that may help with your questions.

Eh Congrats Fatimah...
Can U Just Let Me Know Where Do We Get The Dental Decks??
I Am New Nd Would B Thankful To U.
How May Days Did U Study Fr The Exam?
Nd Does The Second Attempt Of Ur Nbde Part 1 Considers Part Of First Attempt As It In Gre?
Plz Help Thanks

Fatimah,

Revision is the key..u do not need more books..decks and first aid are sufficient ..more wide u go ..more confused u r..better concentrate on 2 thing..first aid , decks and do the old exam for sure...and see u will get a nice score...I am telling u because of my experience ..I got 93 from the old format though..and am about to complete my DDS.

And also I joined on H4..there is no problem with H4..u can get transferred to F1 later on..and also no problems with the loans..if u have a cosigner who is US citizen or green card holder ready to cosign ur big loan...
no financial assistance or scholarship is there for international students so u have to take the loan be ready for it..

Hope it helps..

thanks
fatimah

hi sangmitr
thanks a lot for ur reply,ur reply gave me confidience to retake th exam.