haaaallllllooooooo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gutR

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey
need some help
can anyone talk about diff post bac progs
specifically boston u, finch and mcp
being a nyer i imagine i wont be liked in boston

Members don't see this ad.

no love huh

Originally posted by gutR:
•hey
need some help
can anyone talk about diff post bac progs
specifically boston u, finch and mcp
being a nyer i imagine i wont be liked in boston•

Well, I don't know much about BU's post bac program, but I can guess that it's very challenging. I have friends in med school there and I think the post bac program runs with some of the earlier med classes (or at least the Mmedic program). Contact the med school to ask about them. They can most likely hook you up with a student to speak with, too.

As far as the NY thing goes, as long as you admit that the Yankees suck (even if you don't believe it), you'll be fine. I just left Boston for Philly and I miss it a ton. You'll love Boston, go if you have the chance. Plus, there are plenty of resident NYers in Boston, especially at BU.

Good luck :)

Originally posted by gutR:
•can anyone talk about diff post bac progs
specifically boston u, finch and mcp•

Here's some general information I obtained in 1999. This is just from memory.

Boston University:
Two year master's program that can be condensed in one year if you attend both summers. Requires a research thesis. You take medical school classes with the medical students. High percentage of graduates from the program get accepted to Boston School of Medicine.

Medical College of Pennsylvania:
A one year program designed to improve your MCAT score by teaching students the basic science courses that are tested on the MCAT. A phone interview is conducted.

Finch:
Applied Physiology Master's Program. Students take classes along with the medical students. It's a one-year program. Students that do well are allowed advanced standing into this medical school.

Tulane:
Anatomy Certification Program. This is a relatively cheaper program that allows students to take most of the classes that the medical students take. At the end of the one-year program, students are ranked along with the medical students, and letters are prepared in order to help students gain admission into medical school.

If you are a minority, there are additional post-bac programs available.

And since when do New Yorkers care if people like them?

Hope that helps.