Haag streit 3 mirror lens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nima123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting my ophtho residency in a month and am about to order my lenses now. I'm considering ordering a 3-mirror with my SuperField, Super 66 and 20D. My choices are Ocular, Volk and Haag-Streit. In terms of pricing, Haag-Streit > Ocular > Volk (in decreasing order).
I've used the Ocular and am comfortable using it, but I've heard the Haag-Streit is better. I'm not sure how it is different from the Ocular or the Volk.

Does anyone have experience with the Haag-Streit v.s. the Ocular? Any difference between them?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting my ophtho residency in a month and am about to order my lenses now. I'm considering ordering a 3-mirror with my SuperField, Super 66 and 20D. My choices are Ocular, Volk and Haag-Streit. In terms of pricing, Haag-Streit > Ocular > Volk (in decreasing order).
I've used the Ocular and am comfortable using it, but I've heard the Haag-Streit is better. I'm not sure how it is different from the Ocular or the Volk.

Does anyone have experience with the Haag-Streit v.s. the Ocular? Any difference between them?

I've used the Haag and Volk. Volk always felt heavier to me. Currently use a Haag. Aside from feel, functionality seemed equivalent to me.

Another to consider is the Ocular Instruments Karickhoff lens which gives you the three mirrors that the Volk and Haag lenses have and a fourth mid-peripheral mirror. I have one and like it better than the three-mirror lenses.