Had an immunology final. In February.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
You ever get that kind of mental fatigue after a test in which you go back to your apartment and kinda stare at a wall for an hour because your brain has seemingly stopped funtioning? Yeah, had that today.

So get this, WVU decides to cram all of the material from USC's immunology book (Immunology for Pharmacy Students by Shen and Louie) into about 12 lectures. The sad thing is that in the preface it actually says "this book is intended for a 2 to 3 hour semester class." The test was bloody ruthless, too.

And while I'm at it, I'm selling the book, which is, again, "Immunology for Pharmacy Students" by Wei-Chiang Shen and Stan G. Louie. I'd just sell it to the university bookstore, but they aren't using the same book next year and the bookstore has already caught wind of this, I heard. Any offers?

Members don't see this ad.

you know what's really odd...i'm at USC and those are the two guys who taught my immuno course. And guess what...we didn't even have their book available to us. It was out of print last year and our own bookstore was not selling it so we asked our profs (the authors of the book) if they could at least distribute some of the chapters from their book as handouts to the class. They could not because of some copyright issue so we had to stuggle cuz one of those guys really sucks as a teacher. Geez, leave it to SC. hey just thought i'd share w/you. hopefully you'll find a buyer. I've seen excerpts from that book and it's really good. Wish i had it for reference last year. :( Buy it people...it's good!

Yeah Stan kinda freaks me out. i know peeps that think he's the absolute **** though. In our first day of class w/him he got all pissy bout students messin w/him and that he has no prob w/bootin kids out of class. it made me wanna take him on.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, he gave us the same speech. you'll see his personality flip-flop as time goes on so he will confuse you. but my feelings about him haven't changed (so you have my full blessing to take him on!!) just wait till he teaches you immuno, tho...yikes. and worse yet is therapeutics 8...i'm am seriously scared. But, there's a very good chance that you guys won't have to deal w/him in therapeutics so you may luck out yet again. And in immuno, Dr. Shen is such a doll. We all love him...he really balances out the other dude.

sorry for hijacking this thread, WVU...Back to the booksale!!!

Stan is definately a character. I remember him giving a speech about how USC pharmacy was number 1, but now we are number 2 after UCSF and how that was OUR fault. :laugh: That made my day.