USMLE Had my CS recently, soo worried.. Any feedback please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Usmle Guy

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG, I prepared well for this exam, but I dont know how we sometimes go dull and forget things in the exam.
i felt ok after the exam , but realized due to rush maybe i was missing things here and there, so these are My mistakes in all cases 1-12, i am soo worried ..:

1. Did not ask recent travel question? Didnt wash hands in this case! . I put vitals WNL, BUT THEY WERE NOT. Forgot saying rectal exam, but wrote it in the work up..
2. did not do HEENT in this resp. Case, not sure if needed? and Forgot counseling the patient about underage alcohol, though she does not need CAGE questions ?
3. Did not check conjunctiva and Did not ask Menarche? But asked other menstrual questions and PAP smears... Forgot to say pelvic exam, but put it in work-up. Put 1 wrong diagnostic work-up among correct ones.
4. forgot to ask nausea, vomiting, sweating, to rule out 1 DD.
5. Pt told me she is not having menstrual cycle when i asked about her LMP not much related to the case, but i forgot to address this issue at the closure abd overlooked it in the DD.
6. Went Fine..
7. Forgot to write abdomen rigidity.. Forgot mentioning rectal exam, but wrote it in the work up..
8. Joint case, i did exam on that joint only and Not the joint above it. Forgot writing, no similar thing before?
9. washed the hands after foot exam , i made the pt. think that am not washing hand intentionally because am examining the foot.. But i forgot it honestly..
10. Forgot counseling about not driving and Forgot MMSE and listening to carotids here as well.
11. did not rule out 1 DD by asking some questions.
12. Forgot thyroid exam... Forgot iron studies in work up.

- I did closures in all pts. Counseled others when needed, said i am happy to hear you are exercising erc...but still some pt. had nthg to counsel them about. Was somehow empathic as well.
- Most of my diagnosis I assume are correct, but the diagnosis order of 4 cases was not easy to decide, so I am not sure about it.
- I used non-medical terminology here and there, like loss of appetit instead of anorexia.. Not sure how important is that.
- Generally, i wrote good pt. notes, and i was going fast in the exam , finished all cases 2 mins before.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wait for your scores. No point in worrying now because it will only make you anxious. Relax and congrats getting this stressful exam out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for ur reply, I know I cant do anything now.. Still have to wait for my death sentence hehe
I wish I can know if it is away for real.. I would be so happy then..

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar position to you, I think I misdiagnosed a couple of patients and did'nt write the patient noted properly! Feeling nervous :(

Reactions: 1 user
Dont worry, from what i heard , delays occur sometimes, means nothing.
1 month ago was my exam, still 1 month to go for my results. Update us when u get urs :)

I passed people..
all categories in high performance, not close to borderline even..