Had my ICO interview *Chicago pics*

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighlyFanatic

sup?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, the chicago pics are **BELOW** :D

as for my interview, well thats an event in itself. traffic in chicago is impossible, so i left about an hour and a half earlier to get to ico, and i was about 20 minutes early. i was the only student interviewing that day (didnt see ya rpames?) the information guy Tony Barone was super friendly (just like everyone said he would be).

I met with an admissions counselor early on in the day, we went up to the "waiting area" and talked about my file first, then financial aid came in and gave a presentation. after that, I had a really SHORT interview with Dr. Kwon...he looked at my file and he only asked me a few questions (my undergrad program, my shadowing experience, what i wanted to do after opt school, how i got interested in optometry)...it seriously lasted only 25 minutes!! :eek: he teaches the residents, so i think he was really busy that day. he also graduated from the same univesrsity that im at right now...we knew alot of the same profs and stuff, and talked about that for a while. all in all he said my application was solid, so i guess im kinda happy with that.

neways, all in all the facility is great, and much better to see in person :D the website pictures dont do any justice...i also got to see the first year class head off to the exam (this is their exam week), my tour guide tho got off her exam and was relly helpful too. tony the information guy is tha man, and he makes sure everythin is cool...oh yea! i'll post the chicago pics, and some of my ICO pics when i get bak home

cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I didn't see you. Sam and I sat next to eachother during the test (the seats are assigned, so it just was by pure chance) so I asked him if he saw you. He said you were waiting at the door by Anthony, but by then I was already in the lecture room with my test so I could not run out and say hi.

I'm sure I will see you next year, so it was not our only chance to meet.

Hey HighlyFanatic,

Glad the interview went well for you there. I think the committee will wait for the October OAT score to come back before they can make their decision, at least that's what i think. What did Aisha tell you? She told our group that we won't hear anything from them until like 2 weeks after our interview.

Anthony was a cool guy huh. Gotta post some Chicago pics up soon, man.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
rpames, hey its all good! i talked to Sam after the exam was over for a bit, he was heading off to the gym. you guys have a big first year class, i saw all of you run to the exam lol.

eyedream, pics coming up! i ended up talkin to anthony for an hour while i waited for my ride (i told him he was famous on the net)

unfortunately, SDN only lets me post small pics. these pics i took were ALL fullsize...i took about 200 pics of chicago (digital camera, hehe :D) , and a few of ICO. pm me if you want anythin fullsized

Attachments

• cimg0104.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 309
buckingham fountain

Attachments

• cimg0109.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 295
ICO, i took pics inside too

Attachments

• cimg0117.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 331
my small deepdish pizza, i was in a rush...damn their good

Attachments

• cimg0180.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 293
you can see the sears tower in this pic. i know its small, but i have the fullsize, and much better pics. as luck would have it, my battery ran low cuz i was too lazy to charge it, and i missed some of the greatest shots!

Attachments

• cimg0146.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 306
We had a second year ICO student (Rebecca Young) come and talk to us at our POPS meeting yesterday, ICO is sounding better and better:)

Originally posted by Simisn
We had a second year ICO student (Rebecca Young) come and talk to us at our POPS meeting yesterday, ICO is sounding better and better:)

:cool: its all about Houston vs. Chicago

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
:cool: its all about Houston vs. Chicago

That's going to be a tough decision. My first choice is going to be houston though, since I'm on the same campus as them we have a great relationship with the people there, everyone's so nice, and you can't beat instate tuition:)

Originally posted by Simisn
That's going to be a tough decision. My first choice is going to be houston though, since I'm on the same campus as them we have a great relationship with the people there, everyone's so nice, and you can't beat instate tuition:)

i agree. i cant remember...are u applying this year? im trying to get a hold of Dr. Jackson, but she seems to be away; i need to fill in one section of my application and then its gone.

Tony

Originally posted by HighlyFanatic
i agree. i cant remember...are u applying this year? im trying to get a hold of Dr. Jackson, but she seems to be away; i need to fill in one section of my application and then its gone.

Tony

I'm applying for next year, I did see Dr. Jackson this weekend because we had a POPS conference at Texas A&M. She's so easy to talk to, and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. :)