Had my way with the anesthesiologist today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Misterioso

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
you guys would be so proud of me. the attending let me close up with the resident. i was getting kinda bored and remembered how during the case the surgeon had simply uttered the phrase "table up" and the anesthesiologist immediately pressed a button and raised the table for the surgeon.

i looked over and saw the anesthesiologist still sitting there on his stool reading something (surprise, surprise) and so I just blurted out "Table down", and almost like a reflex response he put down whatever he was reading and went for the button and lowered the table.

i let a few minutes pass and then blurted out again "Table up!" and added "That's enough" when he raised the table to some level.

by this time i was trying my best to contain my laughter under my mask..and it was around this time they figured out what I was doing. the anesthesiologist finally said "you think that's funny?" and that's when i kinda lost it and let out a few chuckles. now it was the resident and OR nurses trying to contain their laughters. you had to be there.

Members don't see this ad.

Nicely done son, I'm proud of you.

Today, I wiped my own ass. And I did it with toilet paper.

You guys would be so proud of me. You had to be there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good work kid !

I think my TROLLdar just broke.

Good work kid !

I think my TROLLdar just broke.

this is Grade-A right here. Turn out the lights, put the women and children to bed, the fat lady has sung...what we have seen here today should be a lesson to you all:

If you're gonna troll, a new standard has been set.

Note the build up with his other posts...how they blend together so smoothly. Note that the story is told simply, its almost as if he believes it happened, in fact, maybe he does. Misterioso my hat is off to you sir. I am humbled.

Today, I wiped my own ass. And I did it with toilet paper.

You guys would be so proud of me. You had to be there.

And then I decided to sample some of the residue. It was a bit nutty and chewy.

misterioso
i agree w the others a new level of troll-ness.
incredible! the quintessential surgeon poser...
but don't stop with patient-OR-type stuff...
next time you're on a plane, overhead page for a stat anesthesiologist..they'll think its an urgent airway issue or something, come running to help out...when they come ask them to push the armrest button, and recline your seat for YOU!
it'll be great.
hats off.

What do you guys say that WE, as surgeons or future surgeons, try to be mature and professional in our relations with anesthesiologists? While they can bash surgeons all they want, we should respond cooly and in a friendly fashion and end up looking all the better for it.

Really, these comments about "having your way" with anesthesiologists or "flying the plane" etc. are really tiresome and only serve to make us look bad. There is no need for it. We are all well-trained and should work together to do the best job for the patients. Frankly, I enjoy the company of anesthesiologists and anesthesia residents more than many surgeons. Much more laid-back.

Must be the cold weather that makes trolls stay home in front of the computer.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
you guys would be so proud of me. the attending let me close up with the resident. i was getting kinda bored and remembered how during the case the surgeon had simply uttered the phrase "table up" and the anesthesiologist immediately pressed a button and raised the table for the surgeon.

i looked over and saw the anesthesiologist still sitting there on his stool reading something (surprise, surprise) and so I just blurted out "Table down", and almost like a reflex response he put down whatever he was reading and went for the button and lowered the table.

i let a few minutes pass and then blurted out again "Table up!" and added "That's enough" when he raised the table to some level.

by this time i was trying my best to contain my laughter under my mask..and it was around this time they figured out what I was doing. the anesthesiologist finally said "you think that's funny?" and that's when i kinda lost it and let out a few chuckles. now it was the resident and OR nurses trying to contain their laughters. you had to be there.

Riiiiight....:rolleyes: Then you woke up, scratched your wee little testicles and dragged yourself up for another day in your miserable life. A life where you only derive a modicum of satisfaction by bashing anesthesiologists on an anonymous internet forum. Truly pathetic....I actually feel pity for you.

While they can bash surgeons all they want, we should respond cooly and in a friendly fashion and end up looking all the better for it.

Well said. I think most of us are also much too busy to worry about bashing other specialties.

my mentor of 3years, a cardiac surgeon recently passed away. as a 3rd year student, i didn't know how intricate his relationships were with the people in the hospital, city, and country.

at his memorial service and funeral, it was not only standing room only, but everyone from cleaning staff, techs, nurses, friends from elementary school, pediatricians, anesthesiologist, you get my drift, all there, fighting tears, all saying the same things about this man.

his funeral was moving to me, because, thats how i wanna be remembered, loved, admired and respected. he yelled with the best of them, but somehow he managed to touch everyone, and everyone loved him for that; maybe because that behavior was so rare among "big surgeons", i don't know.

i think the way he lived was incredible, and a challenge to all people, surgeons included.

Have anyone of you seen a surgery where the surgeon is the chairman of surgery department and the anesthesiologist is the chairman of the anesthesiology department. Both are big shot in their respective field. I have seen it once. I can't imagine if these kind of attitude ever happen in this surgery...

Have anyone of you seen a surgery where the surgeon is the chairman of surgery department and the anesthesiologist is the chairman of the anesthesiology department.

Chairman of surgery always has more clout and thus controls the OR.

Remember, the anesthesiologist is there to serve the the surgeon's (and patient's) needs...not the other way around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone of you seen a surgery where the surgeon is the chairman of surgery department and the anesthesiologist is the chairman of the anesthesiology department. Both are big shot in their respective field. I have seen it once. I can't imagine if these kind of attitude ever happen in this surgery...

I have worked with the chair of the anesthesiology dept at my school who is a cardiothoracic anesthesiologist. While he didn't work with the surgery chair (surgery chair does not do CT), he does work with big names in the CT department. Honestly, once we're in the room, it's all about the patient initially and then conversation drifts to what else? football games, people's kids, vacations, etc. Any decent chair should be somebody who is approachable enough so that when one first meets them, the fact that they're the chair shouldn't be so obvious and in your face.

It's interesting that Misterioso's comments immediately turned to "power and clout" when watermen's post mentioned neither of those things. The obsession with power and control is pathologic. Talking about "having your way" with another person makes one sound like a date rapist quite frankly.

Of course the anesthesiologist is there to serve the patient's and the surgeon's needs. The anesthesiologist is generally a consult while the surgeon is the primary physician. Radiology and pathology are also consult specialties that largely serve the needs of other physicians. Cardiologists and endocrinologists serve the needs of hospitalists and primary care docs all the time. We're all trained physicians who've gone through years of rigorous training in our own fields. Being a consult to another specialty doesn't make anyone the b*tch of anyone else. If you're seeking ego validation by making someone else move a table up and down unnecessarily (simultaneously endangering the patient by creating more opportunites for the endotracheal tube to dislodge or invasive monitors such as a-lines to slip out of place), you're just a very empty person indeed. This ridiculous conflict between two specialties perpetuated by a small, immature minority in each is simply a waste of everyone's time and probably detrimental to patient care.

Hey OP,

Please refer back to this thread as an example of why your wife/husband/dog will leave you one day.

A medical student mouthing off to residents? You have a bright future.

A medical student mouthing off to residents? You have a bright future.

Haven't had any problems with it so far. Lets them know where things stand. Behave like you da' man and you get treated accordingly...and not just in medicine...but in all parts of life.

Haven't had any problems with it so far. Lets them know where things stand. Behave like you da' man and you get treated accordingly...and not just in medicine...but in all parts of life.

surgeon was mouthing off. i whipped him and the anesthesiologist with the bronchoscope.

Is this guy for real?? Can you really be a medical student and be that full of yourself? This guy just posts about how rich he is, and how much of a badas* he is. Dude, get off your high horse and join reality. Becoming a physcian is about helping patients......its a "service" profession. Its not about beefing up your ego and going on power trips. All I have to say is, What goes around comes around.

Can people please stop replying to Misterioso's posts? He is obviously a tool and his comments are so far off that he's clearly doing this just to piss people off. The only thing I can think of is he actually derives pleasure from your angry responses. If we ignore him and never respond to anything he posts, maybe he will stop posting and go back to his lonely existence in his parents' basement.

But what happens if I derive pleasure from verbally abusing him?

Isn't it a win-win situation for the both of us?

Alright Tinkerbell....I like all the huff, puff, and gusto on an internet forum...I'm guaranteeing you don't have this much gusto in person, when there are real-life repercussions to attitudes and comments like this.

I guess we have to look at the upside...when you finally become a resident (if you become a resident) you can get a long coat to cover up all that hot air leaking from your two hole...now if we could only find something to cover up the useless garble emanating from your suckhole a little more cephalad...

Didn't mean to resurrect our apocryphallic writer. BTW the new breed of gen surgeons rock. I just rotated in our SICU and worked very closely with you guys and had a blast.

Didn't mean to resurrect our apocryphallic writer. BTW the new breed of gen surgeons rock. I just rotated in our SICU and worked very closely with you guys and had a blast.

See...we're not all bad (even if we're heavy handed with the Moderating from time to time! ;) ). Glad you had a good time in the SICU. We had the best anesthesia residents at Penn State - very cool group, I really enjoyed working with them, much more relaxed than us uptight surgery residents.

I dont mean to stand up for "the dark side" but surgeons (including future surgeons like me) couldnt do their job without the gasmen and gaswomen.

On the contrary, anesthesiologists could put people to sleep without the surgeon. Although it may not serve much of a point. :D

(full discolsure: my future mother-in-law is an anesthetist)

See...we're not all bad (even if we're heavy handed with the Moderating from time to time! ;) ). Glad you had a good time in the SICU. We had the best anesthesia residents at Penn State - very cool group, I really enjoyed working with them, much more relaxed than us uptight surgery residents.

Blowjobs all around? Whats with the love fest? I like cooperation but a little underlying anamosity would be nice.

Blowjobs all around? Whats with the love fest? I like cooperation but a little underlying anamosity would be nice.

a-n-i-m-o-s-i-t-y

You did spell blowjob right, though......

Will Misterioso ever come back? :)

This thread gets bumped on a regular basis like the mystery visitor to poe's grave on the anniversary of his death

Wow, this story was dumb. Yet I can't seem to withhold myself from commenting.

If he was real, and if he was really banned for his posts, it is a tragedy. Regardless of whether others found him "offensive" the truth is that he provided more entertainment to this board than 99% of the posters, and off the top of my head I can only compare him to DrJPH, DropkickMurphy, and Dr. Cox (and her only when she is feeling ornery and not nuturing...)

I would like to add Glade to this list...also banned for being hilarious. Another martyr for the cause.

I would like to add Glade to this list...also banned for being hilarious. Another martyr for the cause.

And Kinetic. I can't forget Kinetic.

You noobs...Glade and Kinetic were the same person.

Somebody in the mod ranks must have vouched for him (considering all that went on for the first ban, then the outrageous stuff the second time around). I would guess that that mod kind of took a big hit in credibility with that one.

I'd like to know who that mod was because they would get a huge boost in credibility in my eyes - That being said I don't know what happened the second time around though.

Yes, most likely.

Somebody in the mod ranks must have vouched for him (considering all that went on for the first ban, then the outrageous stuff the second time around). I would guess that that mod kind of took a big hit in credibility with that one.

Nope. We had no way (still don't) of proving that they were the same person. Glade flew under the radar initially and without a matching IP addy or some other "evidence" you can't just ban a new user wily-nily.

So, no we didn't automatically know that they were the same person and Glade was banned for his TOS violations, not because of any presumed connection to kinetic.

IRegardless of whether others found him "offensive" the truth is that he provided more entertainment to this board than 99% of the posters, and off the top of my head I can only compare him to DrJPH, DropkickMurphy, and Dr. Cox (and her only when she is feeling ornery and not nuturing...)

Why Dr. Tired, it almost sounds as if you "really, really like me". :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user

There must be another name in between there. Kinetic was gone for so long before glade showed up.

Inexplicable bump
tumblr_inline_neuf23BBGl1s7cn4s.gif