Had several interviews, haven't heard yet...chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WestGirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I was hoping that some of you would give me some feedback or tell me about your experiences (positive and negative). I'm not a stellar applicant by any means, but have many strengths. I took the August MCAT (didn't break 30) and my first interview was mid-Jan. I've had 4 interviews so far and 2 more in the next two weeks. I've been interviewing at mid-tier and a couple lower-tiered schools. With six interviews, many of my friends say I've got a great chance (my interviews went very good, in my opinion, but I've heard how many get rejected and waitlisted after "great" interviews). Any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your chances are good. You must remember that taking the August MCAT delays the process considerably. Right now most schools have offered all their spots and so many students are holding on to multiple acceptances. Once people start making up their mind and withdrawing multiple acceptances the waitlists will start moving.

I took the August MCAT and also had six interviews with my last interview being the middle of March. I didn't receive an acceptance until April. Hang in there I know what you're going through.

I'm in the same boat...had 2 interviews and have one every week for the next 4 weeks. How long will this process take for someone in our shoes?

Members don't see this ad :)
i did the whole august MCAT thing, and i'm still waiting on a few schools, although i was fortunate to have been accepted by my state school. anyhow, this is my take on the whole thing.....after you interview, it can take up to 8-10 weeks to hear. some schools like to send out everything in, say april. if you're waitlisted, nothing may happen until may. after may 15, people are only allowed to hold one waitlist. there's a big shuffle when the really top schools start giving acceptances.....it's sort of a domino effect. so you may find out within the month, or you may be hanging onto waitlist spots into the summer.

Thanks for the responses, they make me feel better. I'm just worried that I've gotten this far (I am borderline non-traditional applicant), and with 6 interviews, STILL won't get in. I know that's still a possibility, but I will try to focus on the positive possibilities! Thanks!