Algiatrist

7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Saw a new patient today,

28 year-old with chronic pain from fibromyalgia (diagnosed by her OB-GYN) recently moved to my state from Florida. Essentially a dump off from one of the PCP's in my area. On chronic opiates, xanax, yada, yada, yada.

The funniest part is when I asked about her kids. She has a boy and girl. Their names? Well they're named after her closest friends of course!

The girl's name is Roxy (as in Roxicodone)

The boy's name is Kadian

YOU CAN'T EVEN MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!:laugh:

hyperalgesia

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Saw a new patient today,

28 year-old with chronic pain from fibromyalgia (diagnosed by her OB-GYN) recently moved to my state from Florida. Essentially a dump off from one of the PCP's in my area. On chronic opiates, xanax, yada, yada, yada.

The funniest part is when I asked about her kids. She has a boy and girl. Their names? Well they're named after her closest friends of course!

The boy's name is Kadian

haha, that is awesome:)

2win

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Saw a new patient today,

The boy's name is Kadian

The dad name was Xanax!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You made my evening dude!!!

chauffeur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2001
Earth
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
that made my day. :laugh:

similarly, a teacher i know has a student named Tequila, mother is Margarita, and grand mother is Chianti.

DistantMets

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
In med school, I helped deliver a 14 y/o girl's baby...she named her Candida. Don't know if there was a significant "yeast" issue in her life or not...

Tenesma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
in the NICU there was a Sheeth'ead ....that's pretty awful

but the roxy and kadian ... that is going to be a classic...

Last edited:

Mister Mxyzptlk

10+ Year Member
May 16, 2006
Yewston, TX
Status
Attending Physician
"And this is my son Roofie. I don't remember anything at all about his father."

Ligament

Interventional Pain Management
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Saw a new patient today,

The boy's name is Kadian

Dude, I literally do not believe you. Post a scan of your consult note to prove it...I'll paypal you $5 if this is true!!! :D