HAHA, oh Examkrackers...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sompz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was just doing some Verbal practice with Examkrackers 101 book and came across an answer that I got wrong. The correct response was supported with the statement:

" 'A' is clearly the correct answer because it is so MCAT-like."

WTF does that mean? hahaha, I simply closed my book and realized how screwed I really am for April.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

Members don't see this ad.

So I was just doing some Verbal practice with Examkrackers 101 book and came across an answer that I got wrong. The correct response was supported with the statement:

" 'A' is clearly the correct answer because it is so MCAT-like."

WTF does that mean? hahaha, I simply closed my book and realized how screwed I really am for April.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of that.

Yea, frustrating, but in order to improve on verbal you need to be able to identify "mcat-like" answers. This will come with practice. Do as many practice questions as possible.

Yea, frustrating, but in order to improve on verbal you need to be able to identify "mcat-like" answers. This will come with practice. Do as many practice questions as possible.

Agreed. EVEN THOUGH their way different, and kaplan sux to read, I feel I am benifitting from switching it up between EK VR and Kaplan VR. Try that to get a lot of practice and score increase. It worked for me now I am peaking off at 10's. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing a certain test prep company emphasizes when you're trying to choose the most MCAT-ish answer is looking at the first word of each answer stem. They're usually something like "a) describes... b) explains... c) argues... d) proves... , then they say you can eliminate c and d, in this case, because those words are too strong for the writer's neutral voice (in that case, anyway). This helps to eliminate a few or even 3 choices when all the answers seem to be right. Hope that helps!

Im right there with a few of you guys - I do worst in the verbal sections and was hoping to get a lot out of the EK material. While the science sections of the EK material were super, super helpful, I did have some problems using the Verbal EK books. Some of the answer reasoning was difficult to follow, and the logic was not always clear.