HAHAHA...I found this on the internet and I couldn't help it...

Narmerguy

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
That was pretty awesome :p

OP
tompi90

tompi90

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2009
Albany, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol i know...its just amazing how simultaneously hilarious and realistic it is!

BigChubbyMD

Subjugated yet honored
Jun 23, 2009
Status
Medical Student
That was great, now somebody needs to make a US version. Quick side question: is it harder to get into Canadian schools than US schools (one of the backups was apply to US/Caribbean schools)?

Dissected

All bleeding stops eventually
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2008
A fly-over state
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That made me laugh, good stuff. Especially the interview part.

SirGecko

Go Navy
10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That was great, now somebody needs to make a US version. Quick side question: is it harder to get into Canadian schools than US schools (one of the backups was apply to US/Caribbean schools)?
From what I understand it is at least as hard to get into Canadian schools as it is to get into US schools. (there are more US schools though)

I think I saw this last year. Still a little funny though. I still think it is weird that you can apply as a sophomore in Canada.

KeyzerSoze

Scrambled Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Not really, but most Canadians think it is. See this thread for more.

zayka

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical

Yeah, US schools are easier to get into than Canadian ones as far as GPA and MCAT scores go (at least non-top tier US ones). For one thing, they calculate GPA different (only A+ is a 4.0 and A becomes a 3.9). Then, the GPA cut-off is 3.7, but most people that really have a chance to get in have 3.9+. MCAT cutoffs are either 9 across the board or 10 across the board (some have a cutoff for writing: R), and then they couldn't care less, so having a really really good MCAT doesn't make you competitive.

So yeah, a lot of Canadians apply to US schools as back up. Personally, I really like the States and would probably go to most US schools over Canadian ones just because of lifestyle, future, and regional considerations, as well as research opportunities. I am (I think) competitive for Canadian schools so I'm not doing it as back-up.