Hahnemann on Nightline

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nray, Feb 22, 2002.

1. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anyone catch that story on Stroke on Nightline. The story mentioned that Hahnemann is notorious for missing stroke patients partially due to inadequate emphasis in medical school. Although Hahnemann was not emphasized, it was mentioned a few times, and did not come off in a positive light.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I watched it but I missed the MCPHU references...my family is so noisy! :p

4. CaliBoy

CaliBoy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nray:
    <strong>Did anyone catch that story on Stroke on Nightline. The story mentioned that Hahnemann is notorious for missing stroke patients partially due to inadequate emphasis in medical school. Although Hahnemann was not emphasized, it was mentioned a few times, and did not come off in a positive light.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I caught the story. I don't think they were trying to single out Hahnemann, but it just so happened that that's where Gerald Ford went when he was having a stroke. The doctors recommended that he have an MRI but he refused. I think their overall point is that it is hard for anyone (patient or doctor) to recognize a stroke, and med students should be better trained on recognizing the warning signs.