hai ,about sop/personal statement.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist in USA

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hai everyone,
can anyone tell me how to write a personal statement/sop.i mean wat exactly should be mentioned and how to write it. i have no idea about any school here.can anybody giude me and just give the format and outlines for it. so that i will prepare my own.
wat exactly the interviewers will look for in it. please somebody help me through this .i have very few days left to send my application as the deadlines are very near.
thankx

Members don't see this ad.

hi

There is one thread in this forum "Links to foreign Dentists".. in that u will find another link,,,"SOP tips" and another..."Tips to write Statement of Purpose"..

Maybe u can try those links and it will give you some idea. If that doesn't help then maybe u can put it in google. There r various sites for these which also provides some samples so that u get a idea how to frame yours.

Good Luck

Simran

May be you might want to think what the words "Personal Statement" mean. I wil be the first person to help you out ONCE you write one of yours.

Give it a shot

Members don't see this ad :)
BDS-DMD said:
May be you might want to think what the words "Personal Statement" mean. I wil be the first person to help you out ONCE you write one of yours.

Give it a shot
hai BDS-DMD,
can u please tell me wat u meant.i did not understand u. may be iam really weak in english, i guess.
so helping me???????????????????????????????????????? :)

I mean a personal statement has to be written by yourself. Others can help you correct the grammar and spellings,even an occasional para.

But the basic work should be done by self. It shows through your interview if you write a very convincing SOP but your words don't reflect the same thoughts.

So what I meant was,go ahead and write your own SOP. I will myself help you refine it. I have already helped 2 others on SDN itself.

BDS-DMD said:
I mean a personal statement has to be written by yourself. Others can help you correct the grammar and spellings,even an occasional para.

But the basic work should be done by self. It shows through your interview if you write a very convincing SOP but your words don't reflect the same thoughts.

So what I meant was,go ahead and write your own SOP. I will myself help you refine it. I have already helped 2 others on SDN itself.
Hai BDS-DMD,
That's very generous of you. :) .I guess, grammar and spellings are not what iam concerned with.I want to know basically how an sop should be ,its basic intention,and the content and outline of it.
Anyways thanks a lot
So want to help????????????????????????????? :)
Bye and take care

dentist in USA said:
Hai BDS-DMD,
That's very generous of you. :) .I guess, grammar and spellings are not what iam concerned with.I want to know basically how an sop should be ,its basic intention,and the content and outline of it.
Anyways thanks a lot
So want to help????????????????????????????? :)
Bye and take care

Simple .. when you look at the application for a few colleges.. they give you a few questions you have to answer .. use the same questions for colleges that just ask for a SOP plain and straight. Statement of purpose, in simple words, is why you want to get into the school to which you are applying. Yes, grammar and spellings can be corrected using micrososft word document. It's the content you need the help with .. after writing your personal statement, which you have to do, you can ask people around like your wife or husband or whoever to look through the statement and see if they find the statement interesting. You can also ask Gavin's help .. he is the moderator of this forum and I heard he has already gone through lots of personal statements.
Hope you find this helpful ... Good luck!!

Hi

Gavin has a company which charges people to correct/modify their SOPs. My main point is that you should draft the SOP yourself because it should reflect your thoughts. People in the Admission Committees have superman vision. They can see through right away.

Go through the stick on how to write a SOP and write one. Send it to me,Gavin and others. See what everyone has to say but at the end of the day,it is YOU who has to make the final draft again.