Half Indian Half Mexican -- Recommended Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwawayspn2019

Reaction score
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: 1/2 Indian, 1/2 Mexican -- Does my ethnicity hurt or help me here? Asians are ORMs, but Mexicans are URMs
State: California
Year/Major: 3rd, Biology

GPA: cGPA 3.91, sGPA 3.88
MCAT: 510 (127/125/127/131)
Undergrad: Top 3 University of California
Research: 1000 hours
-2nd-author clinical publication in a low impact journal.
-I'm submitting a 1st-author publication clinical publication in January. I don't think it'll be accepted before I apply
Teaching: 1000 hours of teaching assistant for lower division biology
Clinical Volunteering: 500 hours (by matriculation) at a Spanish-speaking clinic
Shadowing: 100 hours in 6 different specialties
Non-Clinical Volunteering: 100 hours of community gardening
Awards: 2 posters, Dean's Honors List every quarter

Other: 1st-gen if that matters, but I think so many applicants are 1st-gen.

I'm worried about my 510. I really want to apply straight to medical school, at the end of my 3rd year.

Could you see me getting in?

Do half-URMS/half-Indians with 3.90/510 usually get multiple interviews (male from California, too)?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you identify with Mexican patients?
Do you speak Spanish?

I spent hundreds of hours volunteering with the Hispanic community in Southern California. This was at a Spanish-speaking clinic. Yes, I do speak Spanish well but not 100% perfectly; my recommender said he would write that my Spanish skills are exceptional.

What are your thoughts, on my URM status and whether or not this really matters? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent hundreds of hours volunteering with the Hispanic community in Southern California. This was at a Spanish-speaking clinic. Yes, I do speak Spanish well but not 100% perfectly; my recommender said he would write that my Spanish skills are exceptional.

What are your thoughts, on my URM status and whether or not this really matters? Thank you!
A commitment to service in the language spoken by a disenfranchised group will go a long way in your application, especially in CA.

Reactions: 2 users
@Goro @Faha
Who else can let me know if I have a strong chance of getting multiple IIs?
Has anyone seen any applicants with these stats and half URM status?