Halfway there, oral boards next step

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatoldcrone

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ya know, as shocking as it seems, nothing you do to prepare for orals really compares to the experience of actually taking them. I actually went over the cases we used for our mock orals when I was in residency. I resigned myself to the fact that it's a mind game and as long as I didn't freak myself out, I'd be OK, no matter how much or little I studied. Passed the first time.

xxx

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do a thread search.. there was some stuff in there.

It would serve well to attend an oral board review course like PaACEP, AAEM, etc...etc...

It really helps you to get in the mindset just before the real deal. I would have failed I am certain had I not taken it.

I did the AAEM course and think corpsmanUP is right... there isn't much to prepare you quite like the real thing. It's a game. Even though you know what to do in real life, imagining the whole encounter is very different.

brand new michael ho book for sale, excelent review pm me

xxx

Last edited:
I thought he was an Anesthesiologist, not EM? Anyways, sorry to hijack own post but I'm looking to switch oral board from this fall to this spring. Any takers PM me. Thanks!

Dude, what is that, the 4th post you've made requesting a switch? Or is it just the 3rd?

I mean, if someone wants to get to you, they will!