Hampton University Masters in Medical Science ‘19

About the Ads
About the Ads

QueenMD17

5+ Year Member
May 20, 2016
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey guys! I just finished up my first year in the program and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have! You can just message me directly if you want to. I'll be as open and honest as possible. For those who have been accepted, welcome! For those still applying, don't worry. If you get in, great! If not, there are still other options. No matter what happens, you'll all be amazing clinicians, one way or another. I'm here if y'all need anything!

P.S., I'm so excited to meet those of you who have already been accepted! :)

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

pagingdoctorbae

2+ Year Member
    Mar 28, 2018
    1. Pre-Medical
      Hey guys! I just finished up my first year in the program and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have! You can just message me directly if you want to. I'll be as open and honest as possible. For those who have been accepted, welcome! For those still applying, don't worry. If you get in, great! If not, there are still other options. No matter what happens, you'll all be amazing clinicians, one way or another. I'm here if y'all need anything!

P.S., I'm so excited to meet those of you who have already been accepted! :)
      Let me message you now!

Psych-hopeful

5+ Year Member
      Jan 1, 2015
      1. Medical Student
      2. Medical Student (Accepted)
        Hello everyone I'm currently looking to apply to Hampton's medical science master program. My stats aren't the best- 2.94 gpa- and I am taking the MCAT in March. What were the pre req courses you had to take to get in? I haven't completed all my pre-reps yet. I have 2 semesters of bio, 2 semesters of chem, 2 semesters of physics, 1 semester of statistics, and 1 semester of calculus.

pagingdoctorbae

2+ Year Member
        Mar 28, 2018
        1. Pre-Medical
          Hello everyone I'm currently looking to apply to Hampton's medical science master program. My stats aren't the best- 2.94 gpa- and I am taking the MCAT in March. What were the pre req courses you had to take to get in? I haven't completed all my pre-reps yet. I have 2 semesters of bio, 2 semesters of chem, 2 semesters of physics, 1 semester of statistics, and 1 semester of calculus.
          If you are local or able to get to Hampton, VA there’s an upcoming Graduate College day and the Medical science program will be present and you’d be able to meet with the director and students to answer any questions you might have !

pagingdoctorbae

2+ Year Member
          Mar 28, 2018
          1. Pre-Medical
            You definitely will need your organic chems, and biochemistry

Jasclayton

Feb 26, 2020
              Hello everyone i’m currently looking to apply to Hampton University Medical Science Masters Program. My stats aren’t that good. My overall gpa is a 2.79 and i’m taking the DAT the first week in May 2020. I received my undergrad degree December 2018 in biology. After I attended Dental Assistant school and received my dental assistant certification. I have been working in the dental field as and orth assistant & perio assistant since January 2019. So hopefully I get in because I’m trying to get into dental school. Do anyone have tips on things to study for the DAT? And is the program worth applying for? Do some students end up getting accepted into Howard University Med or Dental School OR Meharry? Those are the two schools I have at the top of my list to apply for dental school after I finish the program.

About the Ads

zibalo

Feb 18, 2020
              1. Pre-Medical
                Hey, i’m applying for this cycle. I’m just scared that I want get in because my overall GPA is a 2.79 & I take the DAT the first week in May. I graduated December 2018 in Biology & i’m looking forward to Dental School.
                Hey, i’m applying for this cycle. I’m just scared that I want get in because my overall GPA is a 2.79 & I take the DAT the first week in May. I graduated December 2018 in Biology & i’m looking forward to Dental School.
                Your resume looks pretty good in my view. If I were you I’d go ahead and apply simply because they look at your application holistically. You can always call and speak with them. They’re are very friendly.

hotgirldentist

Nov 3, 2019
                1. Pre-Dental
                  Hello! I am a first year pre-dental student at Hampton University. In my opinion, I do think you guys will be able to get in as long as you have your required pre-requisites. To answer @Jasclayton question, yes most people from the program end up going to Tufts or Howard for dental school. Tufts recruits heavily from Hampton University (undergrad & MSD students). For some reason a lot of people don’t apply to Meharry and I’m not sure why. But a current 2nd year student did apply and was granted an interview. I believe Meharry is very slow with their process and they’ve only accepted less than 15 students so far but I’m honestly not sure.

The program is definitely what you make it. If you use the resources that are provided for you, you will definitely have a higher gpa. This program allows you to recreate yourself & get anything you are missing in your application (personal statement, volunteer hours, shadowing hours, research, etc.). The classes usually have more pre-medical students than pre-dental students. My class has 17 students and of that 17, there are about 5 pre-dental students. If you guys have any questions please don’t hesitate to message me!

Good luck!

Psych-hopeful

5+ Year Member
                  Jan 1, 2015
                  1. Medical Student
                  2. Medical Student (Accepted)
                    Hello! I am a first year pre-dental student at Hampton University. In my opinion, I do think you guys will be able to get in as long as you have your required pre-requisites. To answer @Jasclayton question, yes most people from the program end up going to Tufts or Howard for dental school. Tufts recruits heavily from Hampton University (undergrad & MSD students). For some reason a lot of people don’t apply to Meharry and I’m not sure why. But a current 2nd year student did apply and was granted an interview. I believe Meharry is very slow with their process and they’ve only accepted less than 15 students so far but I’m honestly not sure.

The program is definitely what you make it. If you use the resources that are provided for you, you will definitely have a higher gpa. This program allows you to recreate yourself & get anything you are missing in your application (personal statement, volunteer hours, shadowing hours, research, etc.). The classes usually have more pre-medical students than pre-dental students. My class has 17 students and of that 17, there are about 5 pre-dental students. If you guys have any questions please don’t hesitate to message me!

Good luck!

Thank you. What specifically are the required pre-requisites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hotgirldentist

Nov 3, 2019
                    1. Pre-Dental
                      Thank you. What specifically are the required pre-requisites?

I would double check on the website but I think you need all of your science classes that are required for dental/medical school. In my opinion, the 1st year classes we’re designed to help you study for the MCAT/DAT. The classes we take are refresher courses because you should have already taken them in undergrad.

•biology with lab 8hrs
                      •general chemistry with lab 8hrs
                      •organic chemistry with lab 8hrs
                      •physics with lab 8 hrs
                      •english 6hrs
                      •calculus/statistics (maybe; I only had statistics & I don’t need calculus for dental school)
                      •biochemistry (maybe)
                      •maybe a few upper level biology classes

I didn’t have biochemistry when I applied and I got in. Biochemistry isn’t required for every dental school but we do take 2 semesters (8 hrs) of biochem in this program in our 2nd year.

I’m not admissions so I would try to reach out & see what’s actually required.

MedSkoolDude2020

Feb 4, 2020
                      1. Pre-Medical
                        I have also applied to Elms college post bac program in Massachusetts but I don’t think i’m going to take the offer because i’m going to be miserable & bored down there. I really want to get accepted into hampton.

Definitely don't go to Elms College. I did my post-bacc there and the program is basically a scam.

Jadoc25

Sep 29, 2019
                        1. Pre-Medical
                          Omg really? What happen?

Hey! I applied to Hampton last week! Have you heard anything?

Good luck!
                          Hey! I applied last week do you remember if they wait until after the deadline to start scheduling interviews and sending out acceptances? Are their any groups or chats to join to connect with other students in the program and find roommates and such?

DiamonnRose1908

7+ Year Member
                          Apr 19, 2013
                          1. Pre-Dental
                            Hey! I applied to Hampton last week! Have you heard anything?

Hey! I applied last week do you remember if they wait until after the deadline to start scheduling interviews and sending out acceptances? Are their any groups or chats to join to connect with other students in the program and find roommates and such?
                            Hi Jadoc25,

I am looking to apply to the post-bacc program but I can not seem to find how to apply?? Is the application available online or is it only a paper copy??

DiamonnRose1908

7+ Year Member
                            Apr 19, 2013
                            1. Pre-Dental
                              I would double check on the website but I think you need all of your science classes that are required for dental/medical school. In my opinion, the 1st year classes we’re designed to help you study for the MCAT/DAT. The classes we take are refresher courses because you should have already taken them in undergrad.

•biology with lab 8hrs
                              •general chemistry with lab 8hrs
                              •organic chemistry with lab 8hrs
                              •physics with lab 8 hrs
                              •english 6hrs
                              •calculus/statistics (maybe; I only had statistics & I don’t need calculus for dental school)
                              •biochemistry (maybe)
                              •maybe a few upper level biology classes

I didn’t have biochemistry when I applied and I got in. Biochemistry isn’t required for every dental school but we do take 2 semesters (8 hrs) of biochem in this program in our 2nd year.

I’m not admissions so I would try to reach out & see what’s actually required.
                              Hi,

I am looking to apply to the post-bacc program but I can not seem to find how to apply?? Is the application available online or is it only a paper copy??

PreMedKia

Jun 1, 2020
                              1. Pre-Medical
                                Hello all,
                                I’ve applied and have been accepted into the program for this upcoming fall! I created a new thread for the 2020 applicants, those who want more info, and the newly accepted if any of you want to check it out. I wanted to reach out here and see if any one from the previous classes or newly accepted needed a roommate? Please let me know!

Reactions: 1 users
                                About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                                7. This thread is locked.