Hampton University School of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm12!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I would start a thread for this cycle. Has anyone received their postcards saying their application was complete yet? Or invite for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, just thought I would start a thread for this cycle. Has anyone received their postcards saying their application was complete yet? Or invite for interview?
I got a postcard and an interview invite for February 8th

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I also got my postcard and have an interview on the 15th. Any ideas how many people they normally interview?

Congrats! I also got my postcard and have an interview on the 15th. Any ideas how many people they normally interview?
I saw something online about how many people but I forgot what it said. You should be able to google it and find out though.

I saw something online about how many people but I forgot what it said. You should be able to google it and find out though.
Pharmcas it says they interview 94, accept 89. Not sure how correct that information is though.

Pharmcas it says they interview 94, accept 89. Not sure how correct that information is though.
Hopefully it's accurate.. if so they basically accept everyone they interview so as long as we don't bomb it we should be good.

Hopefully it's accurate.. if so they basically accept everyone they interview so as long as we don't bomb it we should be good.
That's what I was thinking !! I wish you both luck, let me know how your interviews go wednesday :)

Hey everyone,

I received a call on 1/23 scheduling for an interview and the postcard about 2 days later. Interview is Friday 2/10/17, kind of nervous but I'm sure I'll do well. good luck to everyone having their interviews this week!

If anyone has already had their interview or has it today or tomorrow, if you wouldn't mind posting some of the things they asked you in the interview, that would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has already had their interview or has it today or tomorrow, if you wouldn't mind posting some of the things they asked you in the interview, that would be much appreciated!
They asked why Hampton, what leadership roles have you had and how will they relate to pharmacy, why pharmacy.. and that's all I can remember lol

Reactions: 1 users
They asked why Hampton, what leadership roles have you had and how will they relate to pharmacy, why pharmacy.. and that's all I can remember lol

How long was your interview? And how many interviewers did you have? Did you have to take a test at the end of it?

Thanks for the information :)

lol thanks! Hope you did great!

How long was your interview? And how many interviewers did you have? Did you have to take a test at the end of it?

Thanks for the information :)

There were two interviewers, but there was one out yesterday. There is a quick test at the end. All basic info. If you studied for PCAT, you will be fine. Just know why you are there and have honest answers :)

Thanks for the heads up guys!! How do you feel you guys did? I hope we all get in!

I think it went okay. Lol, we'll see soon right

This part of the process is sooo.. draining. Anyone hear anything back yet? Are they still doing interviews?

This part of the process is sooo.. draining. Anyone hear anything back yet? Are they still doing interviews?
They told me that they would be notifying people after March 17, so I'm just sitting tight til then. Nothing we can do but wait!

Hey guys! Just saw this thread so I wanted to drop in to wish you guys luck on your acceptances that should be coming soon! If you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out!
HUSOP c/o 2019

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys!! I still haven't received anything! Hopefully we hear back this week... I am a nervous wreck. Good luck to all of you and keep us updated if you receive anything!

It's getting harder to be patient!! Anyone heard anything yet??

It's getting harder to be patient!! Anyone heard anything yet??
I'm with you, I feel like I check the mail every 30 minutes hoping something will be there.

Have you guys applied to any other schools? Ive only applied to Hampton because its 15 min from my house and my transcript is a *few* years old.

Have you guys applied to any other schools? Ive only applied to Hampton because its 15 min from my house and my transcript is a *few* years old.

I'm with you guys. I keep checking too. Has anyone called? I've also applied to Shenandoah, Appalachian, and Highpoint. I've been offered interviews for all but am hoping to hear back from Hampton before I go to those so I can cancel them. I'm also close to Hampton I'm in Chesapeake.

Hi, I am new to forum. I had my interview and waiting to hear if I got in. Good luck to everyone. Hope we hear something soon.

Let's hope this week is the week we've been waiting for. Have a productive week!

Has anyone called? I think today was the day they got their letters last year. This wait is killing me!

"They should be here soon"
Last week of march, and first week of April I was just informed.. so any day.

A little birdy told me the committee met today, and they should send them out either Monday or today/tomorrow.

So maybe next week depending on where you live. Lol

A little birdy told me the committee met today, and they should send them out either Monday or today/tomorrow.

That's good to hear. I live locally here in Chesapeake so hopefully it will be here on Monday for me. Good luck everyone!

Good!! I'm getting anxious waiting!

Hey everyone, any updates on letters? I pray that we all get accepted!

Still nothing!!! This is the longest wait ever!

Still nothing!!! This is the longest wait ever!
I just called up there and now they are saying mid April. That's pretty ambiguous. I'm just gonna mentally prepare to receive an answer by May 1st and go from there.

I just called up there and now they are saying mid April. That's pretty ambiguous. I'm just gonna mentally prepare to receive an answer by May 1st and go from there.
Mid April? That's insane. I wonder why it's taking longer compared to previous years. That's also terrible for people who have to give other schools their decisions by a certain time frame!

Mid April? That's insane. I wonder why it's taking longer compared to previous years. That's also terrible for people who have to give other schools their decisions by a certain time frame!
Exactly!!

Did anyone else get a call saying they were sending letters out tomorrow?