Hampton University School of Pharmacy Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, lol. Finally

Dang I didn't get a call! I wonder why? Have you both called up there to check on the letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I called to check on them maybe that's why
Yeah I did as well. Maybe they jotted down the numbers, as we called lol. Well, if they sent them out yesterday ppl who live in Virginia and nearby should be getting their's today. Good luck again everybody!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get anything? Still haven't received anything and I'm in Chesapeake!! This is crazy

Anyone get anything? Still haven't received anything and I'm in Chesapeake!! This is crazy
Nope. I'm in Chesapeake too. They couldn't have sent them out on Tuesday. We would have definitely received them by now if they did. This is very frustrating...

Reactions: 2 users
Nope. I'm in Chesapeake too. They couldn't have sent them out on Tuesday. We would have definitely received them by now if they did. This is very frustrating...

I'm in Norfolk and haven't heard anything yet, either. I agree, it's very frustrating! What could they be waiting for??

Reactions: 3 users
Smh... Yeah this is crazy. We've been waiting so long that the website updated on us. Lol. The call I got last week told me to call Monday if I hadn't received my letter by then, so... times ticking, and you guys living closer still haven't received anything let's me know it'll be a while for me..

Smh... Yeah this is crazy. We've been waiting so long that the website updated on us. Lol. The call I got last week told me to call Monday if I hadn't received my letter by then, so... times ticking, and you guys living closer still haven't received anything let's me know it'll be a while for me..
I just received my letter of acceptance!! Hopefully those who live locally will get their letters today as well. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
I just received my letter of acceptance!! Hopefully those who live locally will get their letters today as well. Good luck everyone!!

I got my acceptance letter today too! Congrats and thinking positive thought for everyone here as well!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats guys!!! I live in Chesapeake and didn't get anything today either!!! Wondering if they have the wrong address now!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did anyone hear anything today? I live in Virginia too and still haven't gotten anything.

I finally got my letter of acceptance!!!! I live locally in Chesapeake, VA (Hickory Area). Good luck to everyone waiting!!! They will be there soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I finally got my letter of acceptance!!!! I live locally in Chesapeake, VA (Hickory Area). Good luck to everyone waiting!!! They will be there soon!
Congrats!!! so happy for you, when was the letter dated for?

Congrats!!! so happy for you, when was the letter dated for?

Thank you!! It was dated for April 11th, but wasn't actually mailed until April 13th. I hope yours is on its way!!

Congrats!! See you soon!

I got my acceptance today, I live in Hampton and it was dated for the 11th.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a deposit required? I didn't see anything about one in the paperwork.

Did anyone else get accepted on the basis of doing the AEP - Academic enrichment program? What is that exactly? The letter described it pretty vaguely.

Did anyone else get accepted on the basis of doing the AEP - Academic enrichment program? What is that exactly? The letter described it pretty vaguely.
yes i did, i think its new. its basically an enrichment program to enhance the core subject areas that we will need such as bio, chem, etc. Thats what I gathered from the sheet. There will be mandatory events, and other things we have to participate in.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or anything but, does it make anyone else nervous that the NAPLEX pass rate for the school is pretty low in comparison to other schools? Does anyone have experience with the school or know anyone who graduated from here and knows their opinions?

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer or anything but, does it make anyone else nervous that the NAPLEX pass rate for the school is pretty low in comparison to other schools? Does anyone have experience with the school or know anyone who graduated from here and knows their opinions?
So I work here locally in Chesapeake which is about 30-45 minutes from Hampton, I work in a pharmacy where I get to experience a lot of different pharmacists on a daily basis. Now, I have worked with many pharmacists that have graduated from Hampton. I have to say that the two BEST pharmacists that I have ever encountered have both come from Hampton. You have to compare their NAPLEX rate to their dropout rates as well as other schools drop out rates. Of course some schools may have super high NAPLEX rates but how many people are they graduating compared to what they started with? The pharmacists that I have worked with that have graduated from Hampton sometimes say the program wasn't the best program out there, (obviously), but what matters the most is what you put into the program. If you get in, and work hard, you won't have to worry about passing the NAPLEX. Hope this helps!!!

Does anyone know if there is a deposit required? I didn't see anything about one in the paperwork.

I didn't see anything about a deposit either. I imagine they will send more info later. I did have questions about the scholarship application, but their answers were not really helpful...

I didn't see anything about a deposit either. I imagine they will send more info later. I did have questions about the scholarship application, but their answers were not really helpful...
I called and asked about the deposit, they said there isn't one. It looks like they've raised the tuition for this year too. I believe it's around 33k for years one and two? Not 33k for both right? That's what I got from the website atleast.

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a roommate, I currently live in the Abbington at Hampton Center, and would love to remain here. The rent is around $450 a month per person. This is the link Floor Plans of Abbington at Hampton Center in Hampton, VA. I am also open to other complexes as long as it is on the first floor. If anyone is interested please let me know as soon as possible.

Has anyone received any more information from the school about orientation or anything ?

Welcome class of 2021. If anyone will be looking for a roommate, I have 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms, my roommate is graduating so I need a female to take over the extra room. We have washer and dryer in my apartment, there is gym and pool etc interested candidate, should contact me via 4436823497! I'm a 3rd year student so if you have any burning questions, feel free to contact me. I'm Nigerian by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Welcome class of 2021. If anyone will be looking for a roommate, I have 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms, my roommate is graduating so I need a female to take over the extra room. We have washer and dryer in my apartment, there is gym and pool etc interested candidate, should contact me via 4436823497!

Welcome class of 2021. If anyone will be looking for a roommate, I have 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms, my roommate is graduating so I need a female to take over the extra room. We have washer and dryer in my apartment, there is gym and pool etc interested candidate, should contact me via 4436823497!

Welcome class of 2021. If anyone will be looking for a roommate, I have 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms, my roommate is graduating so I need a female to take over the extra room. We have washer and dryer in my apartment, there is gym and pool etc interested candidate, should contact me via 4436823497! I'm a 3rd year student so if you have any burning questions, feel free to contact me. I'm Nigerian by the way.

Hi nomsy45! I'm sorry I don't need a place to stay but I do have some burning questions for you. Since you have been through the process at Hampton, can you shed some light on the next few months for us? I think all of us on this thread have received acceptance letters and are anticipating the fall term, but so far have very limited information. Our orientation is Aug 23-25, but what information can we expect up to the date? Are there things we should be getting in order? Supplies? When will classes start and what kind of schedule can we expect? When will Hampton notify us again of updates, payment plans, etc? Can you help with your experience?

Hey Y'all! Congratulations to all the upcoming P1's. I also, I'm an upcoming third year student at HUSOP. I'm looking for a female roommate starting in August. The place is about 10 minutes from campus. If you're interested and would like more information. Please email me at [email protected] or you can also email me if you have other questions.

@Lareda1997, first thing first. Before your orientations, make sure you have gotten the welcome package, fill out every form and send bck those that needs to be sent to Hampton. Get your ID badge, the information on how to get it should be included in the package. Pharmacy school is not a joke, so prepare your mind for intense studying, prioritize and know how to manage your time well and you should be fine.

As per orientation, they are basically gonna tell you more about Hampton university, the rules and regulations governing the school and things to buy. But for now, all I think you need to start buying is writing notes, pen, pencil, markers etc as for textbooks, you don't really need it because the teachers will give hand outs; however, some students do well with textbooks, so it's what works for you. Don't stress yourselves too hard, everything is gonna be fine as soon as you guys get into the system.

As per orientation, they are basically gonna tell you more about Hampton university, the rules and regulations governing the school and things to buy. But for now, all I think you need to start buying is writing notes, pen, pencil, markers etc as for textbooks, you don't really need it because the teachers will give hand outs; however, some students do well with textbooks, so it's what works for you. Don't stress yourselves too hard, everything is gonna be fine as soon as you guys get into the system.

Did anyone else get an "enrollment guide for new students" today? It only explains that there is a medical requirement that we need to fulfill and gives us an on-campus application. I hope this isn't considered our Welcome Aboard package. I didn't see any other forms that we need to full out or information on how to get an ID badge.

They should have on the package the medical requirements they want you to get done before august! The on-campus application is optional, you can decline it if you want to leave off campus! And I have a bedroom available if anyone wants to leave off campus

Did anyone else get an "enrollment guide for new students" today? It only explains that there is a medical requirement that we need to fulfill and gives us an on-campus application. I hope this isn't considered our Welcome Aboard package. I didn't see any other forms that we need to full out or information on how to get an ID badge.

I got the same "package". Only 2 pieces of paper. I had to call them to set up my email and then set up the med+proctor account, which gives you the paperwork you need to complete for medical clearance. I hope this is not the only package we will receive....

I got the same "package". Only 2 pieces of paper. I had to call them to set up my email and then set up the med+proctor account, which gives you the paperwork you need to complete for medical clearance. I hope this is not the only package we will receive....
Yeah I hope this isn't the only letter they send either. It would be nice to get information on things I can setup on my own prior to starting classes. I was looking through my emails and saw that I received a email outlining how to setup access to myCampus HUNet. I was able to access my email account from this website once it was setup. This email was in my junk email and the subject was "New Student Personal Pin". I was able to get my med+proctor account setup once I received my email account access.

Hey yall, if anyone is in need of a bedset, I am selling a queen size bedset. The bedset includes: Bedframe, cushion headboard, and mattress. So it is the whole deal! It is in close to new condition, only bought 4 months ago. Selling it because I am moving and was given a different bedset as a gift. Please message me if interested and for pics or pricing.

Thanks!

Also, I am an upcoming P3. Hampton will provide you with more information/packets in due time. It seems this year they are a little behind but I am sure you will receive all you need before orientation. There isn't too much to do prior to orientation, because once you get to the school is when you will do decal, photo id, financial aid (if needed), and etc. Orientation will be long and boring lol, but it is great to meet your classmates. So be interactive. If you have any questions, please ask! I'm pretty open with my responses.
:)

I talked to the school today and they told me that all FAFSA paperwork should have been received. Full award information will be available July 15 and then we will need to " follow the award acceptance and loan requirement instructions as posted on the financial aid website should you wish to take advantage of your federal loan offers."

Does anyone have any information on Scholarships and Grants for Pharmacy School outside of what Hampton offers?

Also, the School of Pharmacy mentioned that we should be getting a packet with more information in "a couple weeks".

Question: I have finally finished putting my immunization paperwork in on medproctor. Has anyone been able to register for classes or access any of that? I can only access my email, I can't get into anything on mycampus (hunet) besides that. I am new to HamptonU and does anyone have any information to get everything squared away?
also does anyone know what your PIN is.. it's a 6 number password, but I didn't set it, so I have no idea what it is.

thanks.

Question: I have finally finished putting my immunization paperwork in on medproctor. Has anyone been able to register for classes or access any of that? I can only access my email, I can't get into anything on mycampus (hunet) besides that. I am new to HamptonU and does anyone have any information to get everything squared away?
also does anyone know what your PIN is.. it's a 6 number password, but I didn't set it, so I have no idea what it is.

thanks.

When I spoke with them, they indicated that we would be getting another packet of information in the next couple of weeks outlining what we needed to do to register, get ready for classes, financial clearance, etc. They are not that good at getting out information as far as what we need to be doing.

Hey guys,

I'm a P2 at HUSOP and I have some books for sell that you will need your P1 year. I also have PDF versions of some books. I'm selling them for cheap. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Congrats on your acceptance! #FuturePharmacists