Hand writing vs. Typing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PookieGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For secondary applications that are manual, are people hand writing or typing? I should hope it doesn't actually matter so long as the result is neat and legible...

Members don't see this ad.

I typed my apps using type writer. I did see on one of the secondary to type it unless using Adobe. Although I can't imagine that many people owning a type writer.

I have not seen a single secondary (and I've applied to 40 schools) that requires you to employ a typewriter to complete the secondary.

Most are online forms. Others are PDF files which you can edit and type into them. Even for the ones who sent a hardcopy secondary, if you hunt around the website, you'll find copies of the secondary apps in PDF, HTML, and/or Word formats.

Jason

Members don't see this ad :)
I typed my secondaries as well but I did it selectively. The schools that I really wanted to go to I would type it out. Others I would just very neatly write it.

Go to Tufts Med school secondary at: http://www.tufts.edu/med/admissions/fyc_secondary_app.html

When you scroll down the page, you will find these instructions:
Secondary Application Instructions as a PDF Document
Print with any version of Adobe Acrobat (Reader).
Please read and follow!!!

Secondary Application as a PDF Form
Use with Adobe Acrobat (Reader) version 5.
Complete the form online, print immediately, and mail to us.
-Or-
Secondary Application as a PDF Document
Use with Adobe Acrobat (Reader) previous versions.
Print the blank form, complete with a typewriter, and mail to us.

PookieGirl said:
I should hope it doesn't actually matter so long as the result is neat and legible...

exactly... do a search. i bet there are 200 threads about this already.