Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hang in there

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by alshepard, Feb 8, 2001.

1. alshepard

alshepard Member
    10+ Year Member

To all MD's-to-be that have not had the most encouraging application season, hang in there. If you're like me, you live for the mail everyday. Not many people in my life understand how draining this process is so I just thought I'd send out a "keep your chin up" to my fellow nail biters.

[This message has been edited by alshepard (edited 02-08-2001).]

2. wooo

wooo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

thank you, and good luck to you a well.

By the way, there needs to be a little yellow face with a straight line for a mouth and sad eyes that we can click the little dot beside.

3. kismat

kismat Member
    10+ Year Member

Good luck to both of u and everyone else here
    The school I went to (undergrad) has a teaching hospital and a med school.....and I live a block away from both. Don't you sometimes wish you could just wear the white coat this Fall? Well....not to wallow in self pity, maybe next Fall during the White Coat ceremony in Orientation. ANyway...good luck to u all once again ! [​IMG]

4. same here.. I'm sure you'll hear some good news soon alshepard, you've had quite a few interviews right? Also, I seem to remember that you are a Maryland resident; did you ever hear from UMAB? g'luck..

5. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I can now understand why some people only give this one shot! It is so emotionally and financially draining! I consider myself quite lucky that I've gotten this far (4 interviews...still haven't heard from 3 schools...no rejections) but now that I'm even closer, the pressure is even greater! I'm SOOOO paranoid that I'm going to get wailtisted at ALL the schools and then NOT get into ANY of them...and because I'm waitlisted, I "could" get accepted anytime between now and AUGUST. Part of me says "just wait, it'll work out" the other half says "better start preparing to do it over". I'm hesitant to start applying all over (and spending more money I DON'T have) because I MIGHT JUST GET ACCEPTED. On the other hand, I might not....and then where will I be? It's very stressful and confusing. Not to mention all the angst about finding someplace to live in a new town (in a very short amount of time) AND worrying about money (because my husband is probably going to have to leave the military in September to follow me) ETC. ETC.

I just hope I find out something (ANYTHING) soon! Heck, I'd be happy with a rejection at this point...at least I'd know where I WON'T be going!! [​IMG]