Happiness and Grades.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In my experience, you can have great grades but you can never be assured of happiness. Of course, great grades can help. However, you cannot have bad grades and happiness. Never. As long as medicine is something you really want to do, bad grades will always put a damper on your happiness. You might spend all your time partying, hanging out with friends, doing sports, etc. but the guilt of doing poorly in school will always hang over your head and rob you of your happiness.

Members don't see this ad.

In my experience, you can have great grades but you can never be assured of happiness. Of course, great grades can help. However, you cannot have bad grades and happiness. Never. As long as medicine is something you really want to do, bad grades will always put a damper on your happiness. You might spend all your time partying, hanging out with friends, doing sports, etc. but the guilt of doing poorly in school will always hang over your head and rob you of your happiness.

This is true.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spring - 3.8, got a B in chemistry and started cheering because I know I should have gotten worse

Summer - 4.0 but it was 2 simple classes (bio 2 and statistics). So far I'm happy with grades and school

Last semester GPA - 4.0

Setting - 18 credits (including immunology, parisitology, biochem, physics), 1-2 shifts a week at a nursing home, volunteering with a hospice group, studying for the MCAT, participating in numerous clubs, 15 hour/week research internship, breaking up with the person you thought was "the one"

Mood - Not good.

4.0/21 credits

Mood: Very Happy- I loved my classes and my professors and I had the greatest friends ever!

I was content because I thought it was going to end up worse. It was a very fun semester...