Happy endings! Don't give up!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsmedicjim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I just finished interviewing at VCOM...what a gem of a place! I went into the interview with an acceptence letter from an M.D. program.

I wanted to post my experiences concerning the quality of applicants who interviewed with me at VCOM. I had a blast! I have no doubt as to the integrity and quality of each one...I would enjoy learning with all of them! I knew where they came from and where they wanted to go. Kinder and gentler are the only words that come to mind to describe the experience of VCOM!!

Concerning my allopathic experience, I knew I was competing against M.D./PhD and M.D. candidates and at the end of the day, I could not tell you one bit of personal information about any of the candidates... at my last interview, an FP physician/researcher, began by saying he was having a hard time looking for a reason to even recommend me. I responded by asking him if he felt that other specialties looked down on FP...as you can imagine I opened a big can of worms. At the end of each interview I asked the simple question, "Will you be an advocate for me?" Two weeks later I received an acceptance letter and e-mails from the interviewers!!

My heart says D.O. but I can't ignore the 50% savings of the M.D. programs and not having to move my family, new schools, new jobs, etc...

As a side note for those still hopeful and waiting, don't give up! I scored low on the MCAT but had great LOR and interviews. I thought my age of 42 would be an issue, it was not.

Sincerely grateful,

Jim

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I thought this was going to be about certain massage parlors :p

Glad you enjoyed your time at VCOM. As I said before, VCOM , the students, the potential students and the STAFF are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mmapcpro
Oh, I thought this was going to be about certain massage parlors :p

someone has seen one too many episodes of "the man show"