Happy military doctors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are their any? If so why are u happy? How long were you a dr in the military? Do u get 2 date? Thanks 4 all responses. Can this thread not be answered by negative people

Members don't see this ad.

There are plenty. You just hear from more of this dissatisfied ones on this site.

My unsolicited advice, don't join the military if : (1) you want to get rich (2) you don't want to deploy (3) you don't want to move every few years (4)if nonsense administrative BS blows your gasket.

as for your questions: (1) I'm prior military, it's in my blood, I like what I do (2) prior service for 11 years, mil doc for 5 mo (3) you can date other officers and civilians but not enlisted. Long term relationships can be tough because of the moving part.

Thank u and yes i want 2 join still i was startn 2 worry that all my peers were going 2 b uptight judgemental bitter and boring. Do military dr have a social life. Did u do military or civilian residency. MY FAITH IS RENEWED GO ARMY

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm another one of those happy military doctors. However, I'm less happy when I see someone type on an forum as if they're a 15 year old texting.

I'm another one of those happy military doctors. However, I'm less happy when I see someone type on an forum as if they're a 15 year old texting.
+1
If you want to be taken seriously OP then you might want to think about actually using words to type your posts. You aren't in middle school and you have a keyboard, use it correctly!

To answer your questions: there are happy doctors in the military. Experiences will vary. Yes people in the military have social lives.

Thank u and im sorry 2 bother u all with my shorthand. I am not on a keyboard im on a cheap cell phone. When something or someone annoys i bypass them. I feel bad 4 some of u if your life is that pathetic that readn shorthand urks you that much. At least i have the answer 2 my original question. Happy Veterans Day and Thank You 4 servn.

Are their any? If so why are u happy? How long were you a dr in the military? Do u get 2 date? Thanks 4 all responses. Can this thread not be answered by negative people

Faith, it looks like you are looking for validation. You won't find much here, as the happy military doctors do not seem to come to this site. I'm sure that there are some.

I you are having doubts, start calling up bases, and identify yourself as a prospective physician, and talk to as many current active duty physicians as you can.

There are some real problems in military medicine that have been covered in the stickies and multiple posts over and over.

You mentioned that you were a single mother, and were interested in humanitarian missions. Someone replied to you that deployments are a reality, especially in the army, and that you will deploy. Can you get childcare for 6 months to a year. Can you be away from your child for that long. Once you settle on a specialty, are you ready to potentially not be able to train in it for a couple of years, if ever, and to extend your military commitment to do so?

Someone also mentioned FAP, which allows you to train in what you want, and then go on active duty. Also, you could just take the scholarships you're eligible for, become a physician of your choice, and then join without having had your training potentially interrupted.

If you're not sure, and need to ask questions, make sure you get answers that are reliable, and that you can live with.

I've made it no secret that military medicine in my opinion is a travesty in many ways, and that the AF is probably the worst, though the problems it's facing, are faced by the entire DoD medical machine.

Best of luck, and before you sign a significant and important part of your life and career away, make sure you know what you are getting into.

Thank u and im sorry 2 bother u all with my shorthand. I am not on a keyboard im on a cheap cell phone. When something or someone annoys i bypass them. I feel bad 4 some of u if your life is that pathetic that readn shorthand urks you that much. At least i have the answer 2 my original question. Happy Veterans Day and Thank You 4 servn.
There is your problem. Go buy a computer.

I am a generally happy Navy doc who has been in 15 years. I was brainwashed from birth that the Navy was a good place to be, so joining was almost a foregone conclusion. Had a lot of good experiences and a few bad. Positive on balance. No, I don't get to date. My wife won't let me. (go figure)

There is your problem. Go buy a computer.

Another benefit of most computers - a spell checker.

(Sorry, I had to.)