Happy New Year and 1/2 Way Done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anasazi23

Your Digital Ruler
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to wish our psychiatry crowd here at SDN a Happy and Healthy New Year.

For many of us, whether we're in med school, an intern, resident, or even fellow, the start of the new year means you've reached a milestone on the 'academic' calendar. I know that I'm looking forward to finishing my PGY-V fellow year and get out into the "real world." To all you others out there looking to push the clock forward. I can tell you that you have 6 months left. Six months till you're in med school, or 6 months till you hit clerkships, or 6 months till you're no longer an intern, or 6 months till your call schedule lightens, or 6 months till you start making real money and getting out there and doing what we do best - seeing psychiatric patients and helping out as best we can.

Good luck to all of us. We're a special and select group that sees a special and select (and interesting) group of patients.

See you all next year!

--Sazi
:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

WOO WOO!!!! SIX MONTHS TO FINISH INTERNSHIP!!!!

:soexcited::banana::zip:

agree with above.

I have 6 days left of primary care -- for the rest of residency -- and have never been happier to have chosen psychiatry. It makes me smile to think I'll never have to manage a kid's asthma exacerbation or some 60 year old's COPD+DM2+CHF+DLD who doesn't take his medicines and eats McD's 4 times a day.

Go psychiatry! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
agree with above.

I have 6 days left of primary care -- for the rest of residency -- and have never been happier to have chosen psychiatry. It makes me smile to think I'll never have to manage a kid's asthma exacerbation or some 60 year old's COPD+DM2+CHF+DLD who doesn't take his medicines and eats McD's 4 times a day.

Go psychiatry! :p

So this is what I have to look forward to? Fun times!

Class of 2009! :D
Takin' it one year at a time. :thumbup:

1 day left and I'v don with IM forever!!!!! Step 3 alredy done!!! By-By USMLE, By-By Internal Medicine!!!!!
Happy New Year to all of as!!!!

Woo hoo! For so long I've been looking forward to 2009, my graduation year. I just applied for graduation today, so the end is finally in sight. At the same time, I'm starting to realize the reality of what lies next. Happy New Year everyone!