Harbor-UCLA changing from 3yrs to 4 yrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RafaTech

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard a rumor that Harbor-UCLA will be switching from a 3 year to 4 year program sometime in the near future...Has anyone heard anything about this? I searched their website and there is no mention of a upcoming curriculum change.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard a rumor that Harbor-UCLA will be switching from a 3 year to 4 year program sometime in the near future...Has anyone heard anything about this? I searched their website and there is no mention of a upcoming curriculum change.

Thanks!

They probably need more slave labor (residents) to run the crumbling LA County hospital infrastructure.

Yeah, the program director said that they will be going to 4 years for the incoming class of 2013. I don't think that the LA County infrastructure is crumbling any more than it has ever been...but they do need more slave labor for the huge new ED they're gonna open in 2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember the PD saying how the curriculum would change?

Not that I can recall because it didn't apply to us, but I'm sure they will go through it on interview day for you guys.