Harcourt Practice PCAT: Is one harder than the other?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedgradu8

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought two practice tests from harcourt and completed both of them. For those who also bought both, did you find that one of the tests (Test #2) was much harder than the other one?

I did really well on the first practice test, but not so hot on the second one.

Members don't see this ad.

I found them both to be about the same. I used the 1st one to see how much I knew and to see where I needed to improve. I can honestly say that they weren't as hard as I thought they were gonna be. Twas a relief.

I thought they were about the same, maybe you just got unlucky with questions about things you were unsure of on one the tests.

My section scores were not consistant on both exams. On the second exam, I just knew more about the Bio material covered and got in the 80's but on the first exam, my scores were in the 60's. My verbal also varied between the two exams.

I am not going to worry too much about the scores recieved on these practice exams. The wide range they give you for your scores is just too much to worry about. I did like the getting the extra practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
In real exam, you will very less likely see problems that appear in Harcourt. Also, the problems that Harcourt gives you is somewhat harder then the real PCAT. Some might be similar, but most are not all that hard or that EASY.

Test 2 was much harder then Test 1. So, yes that is true. Still, Harcourt is something that opens up ur eyes and gives u a type of questions that might appear.

Best of luck :thumbup: