Hard to decide!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viraj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confused now, I didn't got accepted to any school for a long time, then suddenly, I got accepted to Tufts, Meharry and now today I recieved my acceptance for Pitt. I really want to have everybody's opinion about which school to choose, and why. I was leaning towards Tufts, but now I got accepted to Pitt, so I don't which one to pick now. Please help me in making this decision.
Thanx
Viraj

Members don't see this ad.

What did you do different? Are you saying you applied many times and didnt get in and now suddenly you are wanted? Please tell, we're all ears.

I am sorry I didn't word it correctly. Actually this is my first time applying, but i have been waiting for a long time, as I did apply in September, and did get many rejections by January, but now suddenly I got all these acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, Viraj !!!

(BTW I'd go for tufts, the others are good too .)

Viraj,

Man, I wish I was in your shoes instead of mine (although I'm pleased with my situation currently)! You're deciding which school to attend, I'm deciding which school I should bug to get an interview!

Congrats on your acceptances! Are you still planning on going to Nova for your interview? Is your interview on the 15th still or did you get it moved up?

Well, good luck figuring out which school you'll list as your number one, at least now you'll know for sure that you'll be a dentist!!! Oh, one more thing, have fun dishing out deposites!!! That's a lot of $$$$$$!
:cool:

I wish I had the same problem :) I would recommend TUFTS due to the reputation and facilities available. Are you still considering Nova?

I am supposed to call tommorrow and check on the status of my secondary app there, I hope I get an interview.

Viraj,

Pitt and Meharry are good schools, but in my opinion Tufts is a good couple of steps above them both in quality of education you get and the reputation of the program. They ranked 5th on the boards last year and they are known as one of the best clinical school in the country. I'd pick Tufts if I were you.

babakaram02--

Could you share the rest of the stats concerning other schools if you had them and how they ranked on the boards?

Thanks
Vikas

Hey Vikas, I am going to Nova's interview on the 15th of March. I really want to see how it is, although I have my mind set on Tufts now, but still I just want to go down to Miami,soo...
But Thanx for everybody's opininion, I have finally send my deposit for Tufts today.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by babakaram02:
•Viraj,

Pitt and Meharry are good schools, but in my opinion Tufts is a good couple of steps above them both in quality of education you get and the reputation of the program. They ranked 5th on the boards last year and they are known as one of the best clinical school in the country. I'd pick Tufts if I were you.•••••Babakaram02:

Hi, where can I get each school's board rankings??

doctress

Vikas and doctress,

There's no web site that gives you the board score rankings, you need to get the info from the school directly by calling them or some of them have them on their web site. I know for TUFTS from the information packets they gave us at the interview, it has all the board scores broken down by percentages, they have been in the top 10 for the past five years and ranked number five last year. on top of this they are known as one of the best clinical schools in the country.

As for other schools board scores, I know that Top 3 are always harvard, UCONN and columbia (all share first two years with med students). I don't know who 4th is, I'm guessing University of Washington.

Hope that helps.