Hardest first or hardest last on PAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khadcheemz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My strongest sections on the PAT are holepunches, cube counting, and TFE.
I'm equally okay at keyholes and pattern folding but angles is the hardest for me. That's always the section I get the most wrong.

Should I do the sections I'm best at first or last?
I was thinking
10-11 mins HP
10 mins CC
10 mins TFE
10 mins keyholes
10 mins PF
and then the rest of my time on angles and to go back if I have any marked.

What do you guys think?

Also for those who have taken the DAT, in the PAT section is there a Review button right from the first question in which you can see the list of all the questions (and those you have marked) like in DAT bootcamp and Crack the Dat PAT? Or do you have to go all the way to the last question before you can review?

I have accidentally ended practice tests early by pressing the end or finish button and I'm so scared of doing that on the real test. :/

I keep getting 18's, 19's, and one 20. Is that okay?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm horrible at keyhole and saved it for last so that I could get as many right in the sections I was confident in. At the end of every section is a giant review screen that will show every question number and it's status (incomplete, complete, marked) and when I clicked next it said "You have answered all questions, are you ready to proceed?". So I'm sure if you didn't have any answered, it would tell you. I'm not sure if 18's,19's and 20's are okay because it depends on what program you are getting those scores on.

Reactions: 1 user
I also more or less skipped keyholes the first round through PAT ("skipped" as in I answered what appeared obvious only). I wanted to keep my eyes fresh for TFE and angle ranking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ehh, coming from the other side of the argument, I'd say do it in order. It takes a few seconds to skip questions (my testing center computer had a lag every time you moved to the next question). Some of the TFE and keyholes will be easy and you can get them right away. The others, guess, mark, and move on. Then come back.

The layout is almost identical to crack DAT PAT. Unlike Bootcamp, there is no list at the bottom of questions. You can only see what you've done at the end. It will let you go back to a specific question from that page though. Also, if you don't answer one, it says "incomplete" next to it, so definitely check that at the end.

Unfortunately, you won't have access to the Review button when you start a new section. You'll have to go through every single question until you get to the Review screen, and then the Review button will become available and you can jump around to different questions. Personally, I like going in order, because there may be a slight lag between each question (happened during my DAT and more recently the NBDE). You won't be able to fly through 90 questions by slamming the Next button, but it'll only take around 2-3 minutes to go through all 90 questions, so it's your call.

Hi, I just took the DAT today. On dat boot camp, I was horrible at both key hole and angle ranking. But in the actually one, both of these seemed much easier.

For the key hole, the answer choices were generally just one view of the object. Either the top front or the end. This made things much easier.

For the angle ranking, I feel like the angles had a much greater difference in degrees. When I did DBC, I could never tell and just guessed the entire section.

But then again, I don't know which questions I got wrong and which I got right.

I wouldn't skip, for the sake of time and knowing I have unanswered questions.