Hardest waiting is after Dec. 1...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billiken10

I hated headgear.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm anxious for Dec. 1, but I'm stealing myself for a long wait after that day comes. A lot people aren't offered an acceptance until late Feb or sometimes as late as Aug. I'm just saying dont stress out if you don't hear right away...easier said than done, as I can attest to...

B10

Members don't see this ad.

billiken10 said:
Like everyone else, I'm anxious for Dec. 1, but I'm stealing myself for a long wait after that day comes. A lot people aren't offered an acceptance until late Feb or sometimes as late as Aug. I'm just saying dont stress out if you don't hear right away...easier said than done, as I can attest to...

B10

Yes, Yes one of my top schools said they won't be sending out anything until at least dec 15th this year. :(

DrTacoElf said:
Yes, Yes one of my top schools said they won't be sending out anything until at least dec 15th this year. :(

Accepted Nova? Is that what is says above your name?

Members don't see this ad :)
No that I am officially freaking out about acceptances...

Anyone hear any good jokes lately?

B10

billiken10 said:

B10

The dentist was striving to extract a tooth, but every time he got ready to proceed, the patient clamped his jaws. At last, he took his assistant aside and told her at the very moment he poised the forceps, to give the patient's ba!!s a vicious pinch.

The pinch was administered, the nervous patient's mouth flew open, and the tooth was easily removed.

"Didn't hurt, did it?" asked the dentist.

"Not too much," replied the patient, "but who would have thought the root went that deep?!"

Billiken...stellar smile.

No good jokes. Got jokes, just...not good ones :) Just...had to comment

Hang in there!

Beachluvr

Thanks! I'll pass that on to my dentist and orthodontist. I'm starting to crack everyone... I need to relax.

A joke:

A dentist was getting ready to clean an elderly lady's teeth.
He noticed that she was a little nervous, so he began to tell
her a story as he was putting on his surgical gloves..."Do you
know how they make these rubber gloves?"
She said, "No?"
"Well," he spoofed, "Down in Mexico they have this big building
set up with a large tank of latex, and the workers are all picked
according to hand size. Each individual walks up to the tank,
dips their hands in, and then walk around for a bit while the
latex sets up and dries right onto their hands! Then they peel
off the gloves and throw them into the big 'Finished Goods Crate'
and start the process all over again."
And she didn't laugh a bit! Five minutes later, during the
procedure, he had to stop cleaning her teeth because she burst
out laughing.
The old woman blushed and exclaimed, "I just suddenly thought
about how they must make condoms!"

B10

the hardest thing is waiting knowing that you are not going to get anything.. all my interviews are after Dec. 1st.. so unless Marquette or Creighton send me something, I dont expect anything in three days. that sucks even more :(

Q: Why couldn't Hellen Keller drive?
A: Because she was a woman.

You'll all get in, relax, enjoy your last semester.

Does anyone know when Creighton issues their acceptances? I know many schools don't even have final admissions committee meetings until the middle of December...

Ah, yes, Helen Keller jokes...

This is going to be one of the most stressful weeks of my life...

B10

billiken10 said:
Thanks! I'll pass that on to my dentist and orthodontist. I'm starting to crack everyone... I need to relax.

A joke:

A dentist was getting ready to clean an elderly lady's teeth.
He noticed that she was a little nervous, so he began to tell
her a story as he was putting on his surgical gloves..."Do you
know how they make these rubber gloves?"
She said, "No?"
"Well," he spoofed, "Down in Mexico they have this big building
set up with a large tank of latex, and the workers are all picked
according to hand size. Each individual walks up to the tank,
dips their hands in, and then walk around for a bit while the
latex sets up and dries right onto their hands! Then they peel
off the gloves and throw them into the big 'Finished Goods Crate'
and start the process all over again."
And she didn't laugh a bit! Five minutes later, during the
procedure, he had to stop cleaning her teeth because she burst
out laughing.
The old woman blushed and exclaimed, "I just suddenly thought
about how they must make condoms!"

B10

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lol

billiken10 said:

B10

i couldnt agree with you more. lets just say that i was one of those people who would have bet the house that i was gonna get accepted on Dec 1st based on how well i had done on my interview. heck i even stayed up alllllll night and could wait till the clock said 5 am CA time to call IUSD on Dec 1st. to make the story short, i didnt get accepted on Dec 1st. I waited till Feb 16 before i got in.

Bottom line?
no matter what the news are, be strong and be positive. Dec 1st is the earliest day. that doesnt mean you wont be in if you dont 2 days from now.

good luck all.

my 1st interview is not until dec 1st doubt they will will let me in the same day

How many of the schools try and FILL their class on dec. 1?
Or is it more like they send out to most of the pre-dec. 1 interviewees and then whomever does not accept, then they look for more?

billiken10 said:

This isn't a dental joke, but hey, we'll be taking anatomy in dental school . . .

Mr. Sampson, a sixth grade science teacher, asks his class, "Who can tell me which organ of the human body expands to ten times its usual size when stimulated?"

Nobody raises a hand, so he calls on the first student to look his way.

"Mary, can you tell me which organ of the human body expands to ten times its usual size when stimulated?"

Mary stands up, blushing furiously. "Sir, how dare you ask such a question?" she says. "I'm going to complain to my parents, who will complain to the principal, who will have you fired!"

Mr. Sampson is shocked by Mary's reaction, but undaunted. He asks the class the question again, and this time Sam raises his hand. "Yes, Sam?" says Mr. Sampson.

"Sir, the correct answer is the iris of the human eye."

"Very good, Sam. Thank you."

Mr. Sampson then turns to Mary and says, "Mary, I have 3 things to tell you:

First, it's clear that you have NOT done your homework.

Second, you have a DIRTY mind.

And third, I fear one day, you are going to be sadly disappointed."