Harding Pharmacy, New Private Pharmacy school in Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are so funny. This has everything to do with the school being discussed, you just don't want to admit it for fear of hurting the school's feelings. The school EXPELS people for being gay because it thinks they're going to hell! How does that have nothing to do with the school, just answer me that?

First, I assure you I have no interest in the school's feelings. I've never heard of this school, to be honest. You can call it the ugliest school at the dance and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

This thread (like all of the school-specific threads) is for prospective and current students of the school to discuss the application process, the school's program, and other related topics.

We are not quashing debate on a policy that is controversial, we are asking that you take that debate to the sociopolitical forums where it belongs.

Members don't see this ad.

First, I assure you I have no interest in the school's feelings. I've never heard of this school, to be honest. You can call it the ugliest school at the dance and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

This thread (like all of the school-specific threads) is for prospective and current students of the school to discuss the application process, the school's program, and other related topics.

We are not quashing debate on a policy that is controversial, we are asking that you take that debate to the sociopolitical forums where it belongs.

Call me stupid, but I still fail to see how the unique rules and regulations of a college of pharmacy are not part of "the school's program." Perhaps we should ask rxlea (who is also a moderator) what she thinks about the topic since she is a lesbian and may have a different opinion on the matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, when you're burning in Hell because the people above couldn't get across to you to accept Christ as your Savior you'll realize the truth behind it all. Until then, good luck in your pursuits.

God is dead.

:eek:

The thread will stay on topic this time.

Merging with the previous thread. Please do not create what are essentially duplicate threads.

Your grandma is how old exactly?

you know exactly why I'm asking you that question.

Call me stupid, but I still fail to see how the unique rules and regulations of a college of pharmacy are not part of "the school's program." Perhaps we should ask rxlea (who is also a moderator) what she thinks about the topic since she is a lesbian and may have a different opinion on the matter.

I wonder if you even realize what an idiot you are? Obviously not, since idiotic statements are still coming out of you. You are not merely stating the rules and regulations of Harding University. You are unnecessarily and repetitively bashing the school on its religious beliefs.

This how it goes:
Appropriate discussion relating to Harding's regulations: "Harding University has strict rules, prohibiting alcohol consumption and probably does not view being gay favorably."

Unappropriate/unevache discussion: (quoted from one of unevache's post) "People have every right not to "believe in being gay." That's fine. They don't have to be gay!.......The former is a personal belief and the latter is a tyrannical use of majoritarian power in order to shove gay people to the outer fringes of society. In closing, I will let Harding University administrators do whatever makes them happy once they stop tacitly supporting the systemic discrimination of gay people."

This thread should include discussion about Harding's requirements, interview process, etc.
It should not be filled with posts after posts of unevache ranting about gay rights.

If you are not interested in Harding, then don't waste space in this thread. Let people who ARE interested in it have a real discussion.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I wonder if you even realize what an idiot you are? Obviously not, since idiotic statements are still coming out of you. You are not merely stating the rules and regulations of Harding University. You are unnecessarily and repetitively bashing the school on its religious beliefs.

This how it goes:
Appropriate discussion relating to Harding's regulations: "Harding University has strict rules, prohibiting alcohol consumption and probably does not view being gay favorably."

Unappropriate/unevache discussion: (quoted from one of unevache's post) "People have every right not to "believe in being gay." That's fine. They don't have to be gay!.......The former is a personal belief and the latter is a tyrannical use of majoritarian power in order to shove gay people to the outer fringes of society. In closing, I will let Harding University administrators do whatever makes them happy once they stop tacitly supporting the systemic discrimination of gay people."

This thread should include discussion about Harding's requirements, interview process, etc.
It should not be filled with posts after posts of unevache ranting about gay rights.

If you are not interested in Harding, then don't waste space in this thread. Let people who ARE interested in it have a real discussion.

Just sayin'.

What if someone is interested in harding but is gay? what then, bitch?

I was born in AR, have lived here all my life, want to remain living here, and I've been all over the state recreationally and on the job. Granted, I haven't spent "that much" time in the northeast area, but I have been there some. I've also been on the Harding campus due to a HazMat class I had to take up there back in 2002 or so. It seemed like clean, well maintained campus with a lot of cement. It may have just been the area I was in, but it seemed quite hot at that time.

Arkansas is not full of hicks or idiots, yet the eastern side of the state, or Delta region, is pretty depressed economically. In Searcy, which is where Harding is, you'll be on Crowley's Ridge which is a bit better. I believe the college graduate percentage of Arkansans is around 18% right now.

You're not too far from larger cities of Little Rock or Jonesboro, and then you could always go to Memphis, TN if you want a lot bigger. Searcy is also in the area of some state parks, and Arkansas has either the best or second best state parks in the country depending on the survey you read.

The west side of the state is better due to both economic reasons and topography, and I'd rather stay on this side, lol. Arkansas is rural for the most part with a lot of scenary. Other than about four "major" cities in the state the pace is a bit slower than it is in other parts of the country. By and large, it's a religious state with most belonging to the Protestant side of the faith. The winters are fairly mild - all things considered, and the summers have a potential of being very hot and humid. I'm betting it's a bit windier on that side of the state due to the comparative flatness of it.

It's the 25th state which joined the Union in 1836. Arkansas seceded in the Civil War due primarily to peer pressure from all the neighboring states. The northwest part of the state is headquarters to a lot of major companies, and it's a growing metropolis set in a very pretty area. Outdoor recreation and tourism are huge components to AR culture and economy. The apple blossom is the state flower, mocking bird the state bird, and the pine tree is the state tree with no specifics given to species.

The cost of living isn't that high in Arkansas, and for someone making over 60,000 per year which you'll make anywhere as a pharmacist, if not close to double, you'll be doing very, very well. That said, graduate and stick around.

I can't tell you anything about the pharmacy school specifically, but there you have an overview of The Natural State.

Hope this helps.

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/

Thanks for the detailed response..!:)

Tsk, tsk, there is no need for any name calling. We are all mature adults, or I would like to think that most of us are.
First of all, why would that someone who is gay be interested in Harding if they know that Harding doesn't view it favorably?

You could, but I don't think it would get very far. In the end, researching an institution with a longer history and better outcomes would probably be more effective use of your time than b----ing about it. But if you want to, then yeah, you could.

You could, but I don't think it would get very far. In the end, researching an institution with a longer history and better outcomes would probably be more effective use of your time than b----ing about it. But if you want to, then yeah, you could.

Ehh I don't think he was referring to the actual action of b----ing but calling another poster a b---h lol. :corny:

I've heard they've been producing some pretty good students. Good on 'em for completing accreditation.

Still, LOL Searcy. :banana:

Did you attend Harding? I am considering. I just would like to know about the campus.

Did you attend Harding? I am considering. I just would like to know about the campus.

I'm here studying as an undergraduate, recently accepted into the Pharm.D program here as well.

Ask away brother.

I have recently been accepted to the pharmacy program there. The campus is nice. It is also an undergrad so all the other buildings are for undergrad except the pharmacy/pa building. That building is also relatively new and very nice looking. I like the campus a lot. However, I am not a fan of the location of the campus. It's too rural for me and not what I am used to. So I will be attending another program that I got accepted to. But if you have any questions regarding the campus or the program you can ask me.