Hardly any Bio improvement??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittleRocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the aamc cbt 3 for the 2nd time (about 8 months later) and I hardly had any improvement. The first time I took it I got a 10. I had not had any ochem at the time so I missed most the ochem, but I killed the bio. This time I got an 11. Now that I'm in orgo 2, I only missed 2 ochem questions. I've been reviewing with EK and have gotten up to the neurophysiology section. The majority of the questions I missed in bio were on the different systems which I haven't reviewed (endocrine, digestive, excretory etc). The thing is, I did worse overall in bio this time than I did the first time. For some reason I got most the systems questions right (I have no idea how). Was this just a lucky guess or was I more concentrated the 1st time and reading the passages better? What should I do? Should I get EK 1001 bio for more practice?

also - I am in mamm. physiology right now and we have yet to go over the areas in which I missed most the questions. We will go over this stuff before I take the test May 23.

Edit: I was able to get through the test with 15 minutes to spare - I didn't really feel rushed. This might have just been because of a familiarity with the questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Since you'll be learning all the other stuff eventually, focus on what you think you should definitely know right now. I'd highly recommend EK 1001 bio for the sole reason that it's split up into different topics, so you can go over everything you've learned already and then tackle the new stuff by itself when the time comes.

EK1001 bio is incredible. Just be sure to keep track of the problems you miss, etc.