medbunny56

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Many secondaries indicate the applicant to write an explanation for a hardship

For example, "Is there any specific hardship to which you would like the committee to give special attention in evaluating your application? Please briefly explain below. (Include any geographic, language, economic, academic, physical, or mental factors.)"

From what I've heard it is better to focus on the positive aspects of your application rather than highlighting the negative so I was wondering if it is necessary to answer the above question.

My GPA trend is as follows:
4.0-->3.8-->3.1-->3.7 (Overall)
4.0-->3.7-->2.7-->3.8 (BCPM)

So I was wondering if I should address the dip in my GPA during my junior year (I transferred from CC to 4 year and had trouble adjusting/took too many units than I should have) in this portion of the secondary or just leave it out based on my improvement during senior year

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Many secondaries indicate the applicant to write an explanation for a hardship

For example, "Is there any specific hardship to which you would like the committee to give special attention in evaluating your application? Please briefly explain below. (Include any geographic, language, economic, academic, physical, or mental factors.)"

From what I've heard it is better to focus on the positive aspects of your application rather than highlighting the negative so I was wondering if it is necessary to answer the above question.

My GPA trend is as follows:
4.0-->3.8-->3.1-->3.7 (Overall)
4.0-->3.7-->2.7-->3.8 (BCPM)

So I was wondering if I should address the dip in my GPA during my junior year (I transferred from CC to 4 year and had trouble adjusting/took too many units than I should have) in this portion of the secondary or just leave it out based on my improvement during senior year
Leave it out. It wasn't due to a "hardship."