agranulocytosis

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Does anyone know anything about this program? I can't seem to find a homepage for their residency program and I'm coming up short on information. I know it's probably a bad sign if they don't have a dedicated page, but I'd just like to know for completeness sake.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
Doesn't seem to be much about it online. Maybe you'll get some info about it off of residencyadvisor or scutwork residency reviews. I just found it to be strange that they use hotmail for the listed point of contact (which, also seems to be what they've used also for ERAS related communication and so forth). FREIDA lists only one other hospital as the participant, (Harlem Hosp itself was the sponsor) and that hospital also doesn't seem to have much of a dedicated page.

Sep 30, 2010
Status
I know a little something about Harlem. I think the hospital is undergoing a MASSIVE (!!!) restructuring because of some blow-up regarding 4500 some-odd unread echos which was plastered all over the regional news. A lot of medicine and neurology attendings are fleeing to other NYC programs; can't specifically comment on how the changes are affecting the surgery program, though. On the whole, a great place for people who want to do lots of things and really want to be in NY, but the support staff may make you want to take a 10 blade to your wrists (they are not awesome even by NYC standards).

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
Does anyone know anything about this program? I can't seem to find a homepage for their residency program and I'm coming up short on information. I know it's probably a bad sign if they don't have a dedicated page, but I'd just like to know for completeness sake.
It's a city hospital, right now it is the suck. Probably will be better once that reconstruction project is completed.