Harrison's Reimbursement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My IM rotation doesn't require any books; there's just a list of recommended an helpful books. In the past, my course directors would just sign a form saying "x book is required for x rotation," with no problems. I was going to get Harrison's for IM (not necessarily to study from, but to have because my spouse is going into IM), however I didn't realize how much it cost (~200), and I was wondering if I'll have a problem getting it reimbursed?

Members don't see this ad.

As long as your course director or dean signs off on it saying it's required than it will get reimbursed. My dean pretty much signed off on any medical text I wanted which included a Harrison's...

I was just reimbursed for Harrison's this past month. But I'm also a 2nd year, and that book was on the list of systems-required texts.

My IM rotation doesn't require any books; there's just a list of recommended an helpful books. In the past, my course directors would just sign a form saying "x book is required for x rotation," with no problems. I was going to get Harrison's for IM (not necessarily to study from, but to have because my spouse is going into IM), however I didn't realize how much it cost (~200), and I was wondering if I'll have a problem getting it reimbursed?

He will hardly to never reference Harrison's. I didn't look at it once in residency. With the prevalence of online references like Uptodate or MDConsult those reference books are just expensive paperweights. Plus most residencies pay for hospital wide subscription for UTDOL.