codeb1ue

10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I know this topic has been exhaustively discussed but I was wondering, now that it's been enough time for people to use and review the new editions of both texts, has the verdict changed. Do people still view Harrison's as the better text than Cecils? I'm still debating which book to purchase. I'm going to start my medicine Sub-I soon and very interested in medicine as a future career as well. Thanks

codeb1ue

10+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I've read about 1/2 of each of them so far, and Cecil's newest edition was a vast improvement, but Harrison's is still better and an easier read in my opinion.

Great. That's what I was hoping to hear. Harrison's is so expensive so I just wanted to make sure it really was worth it before I made the investment.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My IM residency program bought each of us both books. Which was cool not having to spend the money. I could go either way with which one I like the best...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.