Harvard Anthropology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gonville&Caius

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people here hold PHDs from Harvard Anthropology? Do you think this will hurt you in the medical application process? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Gonville&Caius said:
How many people here hold PHDs from Harvard Anthropology?
At least one, apparently.

Gonville&Caius said:
Do you think this will hurt you in the medical application process? Thanks!
Yes, it's hurting me quite a bit. Please stop. Thanks!

Centinel said:
At least one, apparently.

Yes, it's hurting me quite a bit. Please stop. Thanks!

Um, troll?

Members don't see this ad :)
Centinel said:
That's the sense that I got, at least.
Yep, yep.

So what are you doing up, Centinel?

dopaminesurge said:
Yep, yep.

So what are you doing up, Centinel?
Good God, I don't really know. I had been asleep for awhile but then I woke up. What could wake me up in the basement of my parents' house in good old suburbia? No clue. Probably the evil laugh of this troll after starting this thread. At least I'm on Pacific Time so I can get some more sleep soon.

What about you, dopamine?

Centinel said:
Good God, I don't really know. I had been asleep for awhile but then I woke up. What could wake me up in the basement of my parents' house in good old suburbia? No clue. Probably the evil laugh of this troll after starting this thread. At least I'm on Pacific Time so I can get some more sleep soon.

What about you, dopamine?

Heh... The evil Troll cackles.

I'm in Israel, where it's 1 p.m.

And I'm hungover, so I'm also miserable. SDN is the obvious solution. Not hydration.

Hydration requires some minimal amount of thought (e.g., locating the water). SDN, not so much. Also, hydration runs the risk of being fulfilling. Or, on my end of things, substitute sleep for hydration.

How's the mood in Israel right now? Based on the hangover my first guess would be that you're in Tel Aviv.

Also, when's this troll going to rumble back to life?

Centinel said:
Hydration requires some minimal amount of thought (e.g., locating the water). SDN, not so much. Also, hydration runs the risk of being fulfilling. Or, on my end of things, substitute sleep for hydration.

How's the mood in Israel right now? Based on the hangover my first guess would be that you're in Tel Aviv.

Also, when's this troll going to rumble back to life?

Somehow I just couldn't sleep. Perhaps too many thoughts to the tune of "what the hell did I do last night? I'm never drinking again."

Yes, Tel Aviv. The mood here is angry. Our incompetent PM and M of defense brought us this pointless, aimless, failure of a war and we're not thrilled.

Cautiously, people are returning to their northern residencies and emerging from the bomb shelters in which they lived for weeks.

As for Tel Aviv - mostly bubble. Lots of drinking on a Monday night.

dopaminesurge said:
Somehow I just couldn't sleep. Perhaps too many thoughts to the tune of "what the hell did I do last night? I'm never drinking again."

Yes, Tel Aviv. The mood here is angry. Our incompetent PM and M of defense brought us this pointless, aimless, failure of a war and we're not thrilled.

Cautiously, people are returning to their northern residencies and emerging from the bomb shelters in which they lived for weeks.

As for Tel Aviv - mostly bubble. Lots of drinking on a Monday night.
If you start to take Vienna, take f***ing Vienna. And I was impressed that we Westerners are claiming that Hezbollah has been crippled. I mean, they did launch over a hundred rockets the day before the cease fire...

What you really need to cure your hangover is an Everclear/151 cocktail at 2:00 in the afternoon. At least you won't be thinking about your headache, right?

Centinel said:
If you start to take Vienna, take f***ing Vienna. And I was impressed that we Westerners are claiming that Hezbollah has been crippled. I mean, they did launch over a hundred rockets the day before the cease fire...

What you really need to cure your hangover is an Everclear/151 cocktail at 2:00 in the afternoon. At least you won't be thinking about your headache, right?

Both of your points are true. Screw this tea. There's Carlsberg in the fridge.

And yes, we have been ineffectual and aimless. We didn't do anything. Rather than bomb the airport, the moment we discovered the underground bunkers, that should have been first aim. Anyway, we can have a PM discussion on the matter if you want. I get the feeling it's an unsafe topic for pre-allo. :oops:

dopaminesurge said:
There's Carlsberg in the fridge.
Wow, I didn't realize anyone drank that outside of Denmark. Tuborg (the other Danish beer) is pretty good, too.

MilkofAmnesia said:
Wow, I didn't realize anyone drank that outside of Denmark. Tuborg (the other Danish beer) is pretty good, too.

Heh. Israel's huge on it!

Love Tuborg, too.

And Depakote, don't make me bring up my triple Ph.D. from Oxford and double JD from Yale. I actually already have one MD from Johns Hopkins, but I think another would fit in well. I'm only 22 - I've got time.

dopaminesurge said:
And Depakote, don't make me bring up my triple Ph.D. from Oxford and double JD from Yale. I actually already have one MD from Johns Hopkins, but I think another would fit in well. I'm only 22 - I've got time.
Yes, but I have a degree in TV/VCR Repair from ITT Tech.

dopaminesurge said:
Heh. Israel's huge on it!

Love Tuborg, too.

Actually, you must mean DPhil, not PhD as Oxford only offers the DPhil while Cambridge does offer the PhD

Gonville&Caius said:
Actually, you must mean DPhil, not PhD as Oxford only offers the DPhil while Cambridge does offer the PhD
Gonville, did you sneak over here from XOXOHTH.COM?

Oxford and Cambridge = TTT. Bow down before the power of Depakote's technical prowess.

PS - I have a degree in chocholate chip cookie batterology.

Are you friends with NYCFan? Also, you are a TTT. HTH.

Gonville&Caius said:

Oh, crap!
I feel so stupid now.

Gonville&Caius said:
Are you friends with NYCFan? Also, you are a TTT. HTH.
So I was right. Nice job, self. And I'm not friends with NYCFan; he's a Harvard troll. Technically you and I should be trolling for the same school. XOXO

Gonville&Caius said:
How many people here hold PHDs from Harvard Anthropology? Do you think this will hurt you in the medical application process? Thanks!

PHat Denims? anthropologie? harvard square?

Centinel said:
So I was right. Nice job, self. And I'm not friends with NYCFan; he's a Harvard troll. Technically you and I should be trolling for the same school. XOXO

centinel, You graduated from Yale College too! Oh joy! Maybe you were the guy I surreptitiously hooked up with in JE my sophomore year. You are well-endowed.