Harvard App Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizparker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is confused? After filling out the Harvard on-line app, I recieved a message that said they had successfully received an application from me and to finalize the application if I had not already done so. Later, I checked to make sure that I checked the "finalized" box on the application, and I had. I was still allowed to change information, though, and I thought that once you finalized you couldn't change anything. When I called the admissions office to check to make sure my app was complete, they told me they had supplemental info on me, but that they couldn't tell me whether my app was finalized.

How can I tell if it is finalized?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I realize this doesn't help you out, but when did you hear from Harvard? I sent in my AMCAS late (beginning of October), and I'm getting worried because the deadline for getting secondaries to Harvard is November 15th. They say they send out secondaries to everyone, so I know I didn't just get one. Did you send in your AMCAS early? Was it verified before you heard back from Harvard? Or did you have to get in touch with them somehow?

Again, sorry for all the questions...

I got a letter and viewbook from them in the beginning of August. Then I got the same letter from them again in mid-September. I sent my AMCAS in on July 5, but it wasn't verified until October 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK! Thank you very much! :) I will keep on waiting patiently... If I don't hear from them soon, I'll give them a call.

BTW, are you a fan of Roswell? Or is your name Liz? :)

Don't sweat it brandonite, I too designated Harvard a bit late (mid september) and havent heard anything yet. They are taking their sweet time I guess...

If they extended their primary....I'm guessing they'll extend their secondary.