Harvard Decision Date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nicoleparking

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Harvard will be sending decision letters? I've heard everything from March 6-March 13. I need to know when to start praying. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The application timeline on this page says March 7. Mateodaspy (current HMSer) earlier said March 8 though, I think. I'm hoping for 7. Looks like it's time to start a new good luck bandwagon!

hi, nicole (i assume), glad to hear another harvard hopeful's getting anxious about next week! :)

when i was at the interview (very end of january), they said we'd get our letters on march 7, or at the very latest march 8. but that doesn't make sense to me: how can we possibly all receive the letter on the same day, as we live all over the country? i bet what they meant was they'd send the letters out on the 7th. i don't think it will be anywhere near as late as the 13th, but then again i dunno where you heard that.

hope you get in! and all you other people waiting for harvard, you should join the thread (or create one) so we can all wait for our mail together! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
dajimmers said:
The application timeline on this page says March 7. Mateodaspy (current HMSer) earlier said March 8 though, I think. I'm hoping for 7. Looks like it's time to start a new good luck bandwagon!

I'm pretty sure Mateodapsy said Mar 9. Also, the info from that link looks to be a year outdated.

I'd be happy for the 7th or 8th though! :luck: :luck: :luck:

The timeline on the website is for last year, so I'm not sure if it would be the same for this year. My friend called the admissions office yesterday and they said March 13. But that sounded so much later than what everyone else had been hearing so I thought I'd ask around! :luck: to everyone!

nicoleparking said:
The timeline on the website is for last year, so I'm not sure if it would be the same for this year. My friend called the admissions office yesterday and they said March 13. But that sounded so much later than what everyone else had been hearing so I thought I'd ask around! :luck: to everyone!

If you dig around MDapplicants, you'll find that most of last year's group heard several days earlier than the 13th, so I'm hoping that's not the case!

UGH why don't they just post the damned date. The most credible one I've heard so far is the 9th, but if your friend called and adcom said the 13th, then I guess it's the 13th.

They make their decisions mid feb, why do they torture us for so long?

huknows00 said:
UGH why don't they just post the damned date. The most credible one I've heard so far is the 9th, but if your friend called and adcom said the 13th, then I guess it's the 13th.

Maybe the adcom meant they should arrive by the 13th (which would make sense if they went out on the 9th)...just grasping at straws here. If anyone gets any more specific info (like from the Adcom), please post :D

any body know if this time line is the same for MD/Phd?

This is a totally random question, but does anyone know the weight of interviews at HMS? Where on the spectrum does it lie?

Is it closer to "the interview plays a minor role in supplementing the application" or is it more like, "once you've reached the interview, it's all that matters?"

hey everyone -- the march 9th date was what i heard from a friend who does work with the admissions office, but, of course, i did hear that about 2 or 3 weeks ago, so things may have changed since then. i'll try to stop by next week (or tomorrow) to get a firm date. good luck everyone!

Mateodaspy said:
hey everyone -- the march 9th date was what i heard from a friend who does work with the admissions office, but, of course, i did hear that about 2 or 3 weeks ago, so things may have changed since then. i'll try to stop by next week (or tomorrow) to get a firm date. good luck everyone!

thank you! that would help calm a lot of people, including myself :)

huknows00 said:

How do you know that? I thought it was late feb, early march?

06applicant said:
How do you know that? I thought it was late feb, early march?

I remember reading it in one of those interview handouts.

Mateodaspy said:

THANK YOU!!!! :thumbup:

if you call to check your applicatin status, an automated message says that letters will be sent out on the 13th, and that if you don't hear back by teh 29th you should call them

if you call to check your applicatin status, an automated message says that letters will be sent out on the 13th, and that if you don't hear back by teh 29th you should call them

pallcare said:

dagnabit!! why so long? i was already getting impatient waiting for tuesday (the 7th)! and i was worried they were just sending the letter out on the 7th, that i wouldn't receive it by then...ahh, well...