Harvard Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

110HRDL

Given The Chance
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else receive a Harvard Interview Invite today?

Members don't see this ad.

110HRDL said:
not me, but nice...

110HRDL said:

Do you mind sharing when your AMCAS was subm/process

as well as when your Secondary was in/process/and complete, including letters....just trying to get a sense of how long are they going to take?

THANKS! :laugh: :luck: :) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
CreativeWriter said:
Do you mind sharing when your AMCAS was subm/process

as well as when your Secondary was in/process/and complete, including letters....just trying to get a sense of how long are they going to take?

THANKS! :laugh: :luck: :) :D

My AMCAS stuff was complete in June sometime. My Secondary was complete on 9/28 and letters on 9/29 (I sent my letters in before I got the secondary because somebody suggested it in this forum and I think that helped my application get complete early). And by the way, I did not send lors from all my research advisors.

110HRDL said:
My AMCAS stuff was complete in June sometime. My Secondary was complete on 9/28 and letters on 9/29 (I sent my letters in before I got the secondary because somebody suggested it in this forum and I think that helped my application get complete early). And by the way, I did not send lors from all my research advisors.

Thanks! When are you interviewing?
I bet you are excited! Is Harvard your dream school?

We will see if I am lucky to get an interview!

I wonder if it matters the date when you interview, since they decide by March 1st!

110HRDL said:

I read your responses carefully and it is not at all clear if in fact you received an interview invite. Is this the case?

I sent my letters in September 16 and my status page still says they're not there. Is everyone else's status page updated?

tulips said:
I sent my letters in September 16 and my status page still says they're not there. Is everyone else's status page updated?

I sent in my letters on Sept. 24. I checked my status page today and my file is complete as of today. I didn't send in letters from all my research advisors.

Wow, you inspire me. Harvard and UCLA interviews...that is awesome! :)

If you don't mind, I would like it if you could PM me. I have a few questions to ask you if it is not too much trouble. Would that be okay? :D

undefinedundefined

110HRDL said:

Hey interviewees, congratulations! Did you write all of your research experience/labs in AMCAS or your secondary, or just the ones you had letters for?

Yes, I was also suprised that I got an Interview already, but I have already picked an interview date and they have confirmed it. Their interview coordinator is really nice and they answer emails very quickly. I was able to schedule and finalize my interview date with back and forth emails in just a couple of hours.

I have no idea how they turned my application around so quickly, but needless to say I am very excited!

Good luck to all on hearing from Harvard; I still envy those that have recieved a UPENN invite like Indy.

110HRDL said:
Good luck to all on hearing from Harvard; I still envy those that have recieved a UPENN invite like Indy.
It's reciprocal envy, trust me.

Good luck to both of us. (And no one else!)

can someone please tell me the address for the hms status page i couldnt find it on the website thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
110HRDL said:
Yes, I was also suprised that I got an Interview already, but I have already picked an interview date and they have confirmed it. Their interview coordinator is really nice and they answer emails very quickly. I was able to schedule and finalize my interview date with back and forth emails in just a couple of hours.

I have no idea how they turned my application around so quickly, but needless to say I am very excited!

110HRDL, Congrats on getting the invitation so early! I hope you enjoy your stay here in Cambridge and wish you the best on interview day. :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks dude! good to see fellow premeds helping one another out

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered or not, but how did Harvard let you know? Email or snail?

skhichi said:
I'm not sure if this question has already been answered or not, but how did Harvard let you know? Email or snail?
Email

@carlos the OP posted the original question asking if anyone else had received the invite. the key words were anyone else!! sorry just wanted to pick your brain today, but all in love. :D

I just got my Harvard invite!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait...I didn't apply to Harvard :confused:

so did you get one or not? :D

That is darn lucky. I just checked my status page, and all it says is that the app is complete. Well, I guess thats better than nothing!

Congrats!

okay, i got the email saying the my application is complete and it says that I'm complete on the website, but I didn't pay the secondary fee yet. I don't understand.

Once you recieved and responded to an email from the admissions coordinator giving you dates to pick a new pathway interview date, when were you notified of your final interview date?

I got an email on sunday inviting me to interview for new pathways and responded immediately but have not heard back with a confirmation date and am just trying to gauge when it would be ok to check back in with them.

also, when they told you, did they tell you who you'd be interviewing with??? or would that be too good to be true.....

thanks,
carlene

skhichi said:
okay, i got the email saying the my application is complete and it says that I'm complete on the website, but I didn't pay the secondary fee yet. I don't understand.

Maybe they are punishing you for being a Yankee fan. ;)

I would call them to find out what's going on.

CarleneM said:
Once you recieved and responded to an email from the admissions coordinator giving you dates to pick a new pathway interview date, when were you notified of your final interview date?

I got an email on sunday inviting me to interview for new pathways and responded immediately but have not heard back with a confirmation date and am just trying to gauge when it would be ok to check back in with them.

also, when they told you, did they tell you who you'd be interviewing with??? or would that be too good to be true.....

thanks,
carlene
It is possible that the individual who schedules the interviews (Joanne McEvoy) is out of the office (she was out of the office for a few days when I was trying to schedule my interview). You might try calling the admissions office to figure out why it is taking them so long to respond.

Has anyone already interviewed the Big H? I'm trying to find a student host...but unfortunately the admissions office people have not sent out a list yet. I tried calling them last week and emailed the coordinator earlier this week...but still no response...so they must be really busy...

I have an interview coming up this Sat...and would like to stay with a student host...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Creatine said:
It is possible that the individual who schedules the interviews (Joanne McEvoy) is out of the office (she was out of the office for a few days when I was trying to schedule my interview). You might try calling the admissions office to figure out why it is taking them so long to respond.

Thanks! I called and got it scheduled for November 15th. They said they were really behind and apologized.

Mimi,

the info was sent in the originial invitation to interview. i can post it if you can't find it.

MK

:mad: Neither the secondary site nor the link to the status page is working (last night or today). Is the case for others here?

What is New Pathway Program? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

What is New Pathway Program? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

New Pathway (NP) is their more traditional and popular MD program. Lots of problem-based learning with the focus on clinical medicine. Their other option is Health Sciences & Technologay (HST), a smaller joint program with MIT that is much more quantitative and research based.

If you didn't write an extra essay on the secondary, you applied to NP.

ive heard from harvard med students that 'new pathway' sucks. they pretty much make you learn everything yourself. however, you do get the harvard degree, so it is by all means worth it.

for those of you with an invite, what does your status page say?
mine says

Application Status: Complete

Application Certified: Yes

Application Finalized: Yes

but I don't have an invite - is this as good as a rejection?

Your turnover time from secondary to interview is ridiculous--congrats! :)

mine says

Mine says the same thing, and I just received a complete notice, so I doubt it. I think "Application Finalized" means you hit the submit button.

mine says

My status page says the same thing. I am guessing this is not good for us. :scared:

well i just emailed them because they said they don't have my letters of recommendation. it's getting a little frustrating...i dont understand why people who sent their stuff in way later than i did have been told they are complete and also go interviews already. maybe my letters got lost somewhere...

well i just emailed them because they said they don't have my letters of recommendation. it's getting a little frustrating...i dont understand why people who sent their stuff in way later than i did have been told they are complete and also go interviews already. maybe my letters got lost somewhere...
I don't understand either. My letters have been on VirtualEvals since 8/2. Maybe our applications got overlooked or something? Their office is pretty harem-scarem according to people on SDN...

I don't understand either. My letters have been on VirtualEvals since 8/2. Maybe our applications got overlooked or something? Their office is pretty harem-scarem according to people on SDN...
i called once, was told nothing except "we're behind"
i emailed once, was told nothing except "your application has been received and you will be notified when you are complete"
i emailed again just now about my letters after checking my status page...HOPING for a real response this time.
:mad:

i called once, was told nothing except "we're behind"
i emailed once, was told nothing except "your application has been received and you will be notified when you are complete"
i emailed again just now about my letters after checking my status page...HOPING for a real response this time.
:mad:
Interestingly enough, my application is listed as complete now, but my LORs are still listed as "not received." :confused:

Interestingly enough, my application is listed as complete now, but my LORs are still listed as "not received." :confused:

well that doesnt make sense. but hey, if it says you're complete, maybe you're officially in the pile for being reviewed for an interview! i'm guessing i'm not there yet...:(

Wow, totally missed that online status page and just noticed that I'm still incomplete despite submitting my secondary back around mid August and letters soon after...

Is Harvard rolling? I'm under the impression that they're not?

I just checked my status as well, and I have the complete, but LORs are "not received" also. I also got an email from them saying I was complete just now. Also, Harvard is not rolling admission.

Wow, totally missed that online status page and just noticed that I'm still incomplete despite submitting my secondary back around mid August and letters soon after...

I submitted and finalized with all my letters of rec sent by August 13th. On that "status page" (which I've never seen before or heard of) it says I am incomplete because none of my letters of rec have been received (even though they were sent electronically with virtual evals). What's the deal?
I've been sitting here since August thinking I'm complete (they sent me an email saying so), when maybe I haven't been after all this whole time?

hey all!

congrats on getting interviews! i'm currently a first-year at harvard, so if you have any questions feel free to ask! some questions i noticed in this thread....We just got the request to sign up to be hosts, so for any interviewees coming after oct 16 you should definitely be able to stay with a host (and you should, it's the best way to really get to know the students!). HMS is non-rolling, so you find out your admission status in March. New Pathway enrolls about 135 students....there is some self-learning through the tutorial system (PBL), but there are lectures every day of the week, and the tested material is what is covered in lectures and in the assigned readings. The curriculum has been revamped, so it is much more lecture-intensive now.

I hope that was helpful! Good luck!

WTF they just received my recommendations like 1.5 weeks ago, when i completed the app about a month ago...
oh well. as long as they have it.

hey all!

congrats on getting interviews! i'm currently a first-year at harvard, so if you have any questions feel free to ask! some questions i noticed in this thread....We just got the request to sign up to be hosts, so for any interviewees coming after oct 16 you should definitely be able to stay with a host (and you should, it's the best way to really get to know the students!). HMS is non-rolling, so you find out your admission status in March. New Pathway enrolls about 135 students....there is some self-learning through the tutorial system (PBL), but there are lectures every day of the week, and the tested material is what is covered in lectures and in the assigned readings. The curriculum has been revamped, so it is much more lecture-intensive now.

I hope that was helpful! Good luck!

ha you're still on here, too?

i'm also a first year, and everything drlal just said is absolutely correct. hosting is already taking place... i know two people who have interviewees tomorrow night. and np HAS changed quite a bit this year: if i was going to complain about it (and i wouldn't, i love it) i would err more on the side of TOO structured than that of not structured enough. it totally depends on what you're looking for.

in any case, i just wanted to jump on the bandwagon and say i'm also available here as a resource. good luck, everyone! hope to see some of you soon on your interviews :)