Harvard Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
huh... this is queer. I've complete and everything is showing up, but somehow I've submitted to both the MD and the MD/PhD programs. I don't recall doing that, yo. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

ok i called harvard and they said, "we have received everything and once your application is processed, it will be complete."

i wonder why it's taking so long to be processed? i submitted forever ago...

I submitted in July and i JUST got the complete notice yesterday. I really have no idea how they're doing things over there.

Members don't see this ad :)
well i just emailed them because they said they don't have my letters of recommendation. it's getting a little frustrating...i dont understand why people who sent their stuff in way later than i did have been told they are complete and also go interviews already. maybe my letters got lost somewhere...

Yes, I too just discovered that, while my letters were mailed & received (UPS tracking #) in early august, my status page says incomplete due to missing letters. Sent the email like they instruct - we'll see what I get back....

Hm... wish I'd known about the status page earlier!

Yes, I too just discovered that, while my letters were mailed & received (UPS tracking #) in early august, my status page says incomplete due to missing letters. Sent the email like they instruct - we'll see what I get back....

Hm... wish I'd known about the status page earlier!

They have a status page?

Thanks to Liverotcod on page 1 of this thread:
http://application.hms.harvard.edu/page80.asp

I too was unaware of this page and joined the SDN flood of WTF emails to the admissions office about unacknowledged letters submitted a long time ago.

Seriously Erina, you of all SDN members should be complete by now. :confused:

maybe this is their method of weeding out the people who don't REALLY want to go to harvard anyway...just get us all frustrated and see who sticks around and who gives up :p

in response to Risa...

wait until body block...

My undergrad does virtual evals and had them in again a long time ago as well, yet I'm "incomplete" due to my letters too. I think I saw other posts specifically mentioning virtual evals, maybe that means they haven't processes anyone with virtual evals?

Regardless, I too sent them an email, demanding they download from virtual eval. Mine, in addition to the 10 others they received just from people on this thread -- I think we'll be fine. And regardless, they're not rolling admissions anyway...

I just checked my status as well, and I have the complete, but LORs are "not received" also. I also got an email from them saying I was complete just now. Also, Harvard is not rolling admission.

Funny thing...I am complete (I even the got e-mail) and I have been invited for an interview for the HMS New Pathways :love: , but it shows my LOR as "not received." Should I e-mail them?

Good Luck to all :luck: :luck: :luck:

PG

they notified me that I had a NP interview, but they said nothing about HST. So I emailed them back, and they said I now have to wait to schedule an interview depending if HST wants to interview me.

Just wondering...so for the new pathway program, did you guys submit any other things besides filling out the q&a forms? Do we need to ask for extra rec letters from all our PIs we used to work with? Just curious! =O But anyways, congratulations to you all! =)

Just wondering...so for the new pathway program, did you guys submit any other things besides filling out the q&a forms? Do we need to ask for extra rec letters from all our PIs we used to work with? Just curious! =O But anyways, congratulations to you all! =)

I submitted only the Q/A forms. I had a committee letter sent, so my letters on virtual evals... :)

Good Luck

PG :luck:

Thanks a lot PG. =) Good luck to you too!

Funny thing...I am complete (I even the got e-mail) and I have been invited for an interview for the HMS New Pathways :love: , but it shows my LOR as "not received." Should I e-mail them?

Good Luck to all :luck: :luck: :luck:

PG

The status page says they have everything of mine, but I have yet to receive a complete email. I assume the email takes precedence over the status page (given the contradictions that seem to exist). My secondary was submitted on 8/24 so I'm not sure if I should hassel them yet about the lack of a complete email, or whether I'm still in the "reasonable wait for complete status" period.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Man, how did I miss this page? I logged in and it says "Incomplete" due to LORs. I emailed the office at 3:15pm, and an hour later I'm complete. Thank you! :)

yeah i just noticed mine said incomplete due to LORs too (though I set them on 7/28!) and just emailed the office. Maybe it'll work for me too. Looks like they are really on top of their updating......

WTF they just received my recommendations like 1.5 weeks ago, when i completed the app about a month ago...
oh well. as long as they have it.

same here...wtf...lol...harvard isn't even a first choice, just complaining to complain!

do you think adcoms read this site?

maybe, that's why i didn't post any identifying information...also, just b/c it's not my first choice, it doesn't mean it's not one of my top choices. is that better?

I just checked my status as well, and I have the complete, but LORs are "not received" also. I also got an email from them saying I was complete just now. Also, Harvard is not rolling admission.

My application and recs on Virtual Evals were up the first week of August...and my applications still shows up as incomplete :(
ugh.
I didn't even know there was a status website to check up on until now.