harvard interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medSchool8000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if all the invitations for interviews are already mailed out?
the webiste says that applicants will be notified by the third week of january. does that mean that there is still a chance to get an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if all the invitations for interviews are already mailed out?
the webiste says that applicants will be notified by the third week of january. does that mean that there is still a chance to get an interview?

I think interviews are given out until the end of January-- don't worry yet! Good luck :cool:.

My son is interviewing in early February, and was invited mid-December.

Members don't see this ad :)
could you please tell me when your son was listed as completed at harvard??

The interviews are by e-mail. No snail mail.

I was complete October 10th, invited for interview December 10th. Hope this helps.

Good luck :)

Harvard's the only school I have not yet heard a peep from. I was complete there in early September. Are we all thinking rejection at this point?

I sort of want to call them to check my status (especially since I'm soon to go overseas) but I sort of doubt that they would actually take the time to check (rather, they'd give me some generic "I can't give out your status over the phone" message). Anyone have any experience with the admissions office over the phone?

Harvard's the only school I have not yet heard a peep from. I was complete there in early September. Are we all thinking rejection at this point?

I sort of want to call them to check my status (especially since I'm soon to go overseas) but I sort of doubt that they would actually take the time to check (rather, they'd give me some generic "I can't give out your status over the phone" message). Anyone have any experience with the admissions office over the phone?

I think the admissions office is pretty friendly, for the most part. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try!

i was complete on 11/22..... could it mean that they still haven't gotten to candidates that were complete in November?

does anyone know if they actually go in order and don't come back to candidates?

it seems that people complete in mid-late october are getting invites in december, and i know that those who were complete in sept. were getting invites in late october/november..... maybe there is still hope for those who were complete in november?

For what it is worth, I was complete on 12/3 and haven't heard yet. I did stop by their office before Holidays and talked to them about the lead time for the invite notice as I will be traveling in Feb 2008. They said that they want to be done interviewing by mid/end Feb as they need to be making final decisions shortly thereafter. It is just me but it seems our chances aren't great at this point :( I wonder, is there anyone out there with completed date at Harvard in Dec who has been offered an interview?

yikes, you have the best outcomes of anyone i've seen on SDN. question: which of the schools you have interviewed at but not heard from would you go to over the acceptances you already have?

just curious how you are ranking them because i have interviewed at some of them too.

mars 1,

in their letter they say that all applicants are reviewed equally no matter when complete. it is NOT rolling admissions. but maybe they are more busy in dec, and don't give later candidates as thourough evaluation?

also, i know they interview till mid feb, but have they said anything about how late they send out invites to interview? does anyone know how they decide to interview.... is it voted on by a committee or is it just the person reading your app who decides?

Even though they are non-rolling in terms of decisions, the process of giving out interviews is rolling and as the amount of remaining interview spots decreases I would imagine it would become slightly more difficult to get an interview.

also, it is very likely that they didn't get to your app due to holidays... and that they will evaluate for 2 more weeks after break???

they also don't have a set of interviews that they give out.... they interview anywhere from 800-950 applicants. that is a wide range.

mars 1,

in their letter they say that all applicants are reviewed equally no matter when complete. it is NOT rolling admissions. but maybe they are more busy in dec, and don't give later candidates as thourough evaluation?

also, i know they interview till mid feb, but have they said anything about how late they send out invites to interview? does anyone know how they decide to interview.... is it voted on by a committee or is it just the person reading your app who decides?

Agreed that they don't have rolling admission so I too am hoping that my app is still sitting on the 'yet-to-review' pile but there isn't any way to know. To answer your question, no they didn't say how late they send out interview invites just that they work really hard to get interviews done in Jan if at all possible given the mentioned timeline. That said, just looking at it from logistical stand point of arranging interviews to be done by mid Feb I would imagine -- just a pure guess on my part here -- they would want to be done with their 'yet-to-review' pile by mid-Jan the latest...thus my (growing) pessimism; I hope I am wrong!