Harvard is NOT interviewing yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all... For anybody who's interested, I got an e-mail from the Harvard admissions office in response to my inquiry about interviews. They are NOT interviewing nor have they offered interviews yet. I don't know about EDP, but regular decision candidates haven't been notified yet. So, I'm going to go ahead and remove them from the "interviewing already" list. Here's the body of the e-mail I got:

>Thank you for your interest in Harvard Medical School. I am afraid I
>cannot tell you if your application is complete because we just begun
>processing the materials. When we able to check on the completeness of
>applications, you will receive an e-mail informing you that our on-line
>status check has been activated. We have yet to begin offering interviews.
>
>Sincerely,
>Jason Graff

Members don't see this ad.

Cause a friend/acquaintance who has a 4.0, 39 and has been apparently interviewing all over the place lately decided to leak word of a Harvard interview. I'm not gonna question someone with those stats. Who knows, maybe he was just having fun at the expense of his fellow gunners. Haha. Are gunners really this cruel to each other?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hell yeah dude, we love to f*ck with each other's heads....oh wait. Nevermind, you said 'gunners' not 'gangstas'. my bad --Trek

Well I think our man's "probably false" claim throws his stats into question as well.

This is precisely why you should take what you read on here not too literally. I'd wager that a good percentage of those interviews listed are bogus.

Andrew

I very much agree. It's a little too early, cosidering the problems we've gone through, for a huge glut of interviews. Not including those schools unattached to AMCAS, of course.

I beg to differ. My ONLY interview invite still has only me listed. I wander if the others decided to just not post, or if they are not members of SDN.

For what its worth Mr. Bull Terp...OSU and Cinci have less than 5 interviews listed and they are definitely interviewing.(because they are interviewing ME) I think the low #s for these schools are a function of the (relative) dearth of Ohio applicants on SDN and Ohio schools HEAVILY favor OH applicants (Thanking Providence for this!)
So the less than 5 rule is a bit extreme.

I can settle the Harvard issue right now!

I work at Harvard Medical School and I stopped by the admissions office---guess what--they're NOT interviewing *anyone* yet.

That's the official word from the Assistant Dean, so we can put this issue to rest...

md2be06--
Maybe I am just not particularly bright, but what the hell is a 'gunner' ?????

Original--
I agree, the stats seem a bit exaggerated...

kutastha, you still playing devil's advocate?
Were the responses in the thread you started not sufficient for you? ;) http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004541

Actually, the fact that the big bad ass schools are the ones with 5+ interviews on this board further jusitifies my hypothesis that those brave enough to post generally have real good stats. This meaning there would be less of those going for state schools posting.

to andrew:

i honestly think that most of the people are mosting "real" interviews. Most schools have already started interviewing minus only a few that i know of. I'm sure there is a slight tendancy to embellish on public forums such as this. Fortunately, anonymity reduces alot of this. I woulnd't be so cynical.

good luck!

I only have 2 interviews, but I havent posted them on the interview thread. I dunno why not, but I like looking at the thread sometimes anyhoo. Andrew, try not to be such a poop head. Maybe we should just post schools WE have interviews at, not just something we heard from some guy in the next lab's cousin?

Originally posted by racergirl:
•I only have 2 interviews, but I havent posted them on the interview thread. I dunno why not, but I like looking at the thread sometimes anyhoo. Andrew, try not to be such a poop head. Maybe we should just post schools WE have interviews at, not just something we heard from some guy in the next lab's cousin?•

Actually, I wake up every morning, sit on the edge of my bed and say, "Today is the day I will not be a poop head" but for some darn reason it just happens.

And I agree, your suggestion will help the FOAF problem with the interview link. I'm also a tad suspicious about the people with only one post to their name that post interviews.

Oh well, maybe I am just a poop head.

Andrew

gg16...why do you keep removing Harvard from the list of interviewing schools? they are beginning interviews for sure. have an interview there at the end of October.

Synite-
Again, per my other thread, I apologized for removing the harvard entry, but 'girl' was the one who removed it the first time. I believe you, but per the emails i've received from admissions, it doesn't sound like they've begun interviewing anyone yet...

SYNITE, CONGRATS!! :D :D

It seems that a school that "has not begun interviewing yet" may have begun scheduling.
Could this be the root of the apparent discrepancy in information? Just a thought.